Periodic Freezes in multiple games
I've tried three different games so far (Gitaroo Man, The Red Star, and Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter, all listed as "Playable"), and while they seem to run pretty well, they all give periodic freezes of about 1-2 seconds. No slowdown leading up to these though: Everything just flat-out stops for 1-2 seconds before resuming again.

My computer specs are as follows:
Processor: Intel Core i5 650 @ 3.20GHz
RAM: 8GB
Graphics Card: nVidia Quadro FX 580

I'm using PCSX2 0.9.7 off of the main site here, along with the plugins packaged with it. If you need additional settings, I can post though as need be.

Thank you.

Sponsored links

"playable" means it will go from start to finish, not that it will not lag in any way.

however..

are you using an ISO or the cDVD?
I understand that I can't expect perfect performance. I said "pretty well" before, not flawlessly. But it seemed too much of a coincidence that all three games would produce this same freezing issue.

And I'm using cDVD.
(04-05-2011, 09:23 PM)MagicianFaust Wrote: And I'm using cDVD.

there is your problem, use an ISO
Why can't you use discs?
You can use discs, but those pauses are caused when the drive is spinning up the disc for reading. Using an ISO will help avoid that.
Oh I see. I guess I'll have to rip my discs then. Any special software needed for that?
You can use ImgBurn to make an ISO from your disc
Hmm, how do you actually run the ISOs? The System menu just says:

Boot CDVD(full)
Boot CDVD(fast)
Run Elf...

I'm not sure what an .Elf file is, but I'm confused on how to run an ISO as opposed to a disc.
If you're using pcsx2 0.9.7, choose Iso in the CDVD menu.