Persona 3/4 And GSDX White Shadow Lag
Does anyone know of a version of the GSDX plugin that does not lag, in hardware mode @ non-native (I am using x3 right now) res, when fighting those white shadows?

Only thing I have found that works is dropping into software mode but that makes the game look like crap and for a high quality walkthrough for YouTube that is not good. This is a plugin bug, not because my system is too weak (I can play Zone of the Enders at x3 native res with no lag). Specs:

cpu: I7-3930K w/ HT on @ 4.6 Ghz
gpu: Gigabyte 7970 1025mhz/1375mhz

The GS% is usually 9-13% when the lag happens.
"I thought what I would do was, I'd pretend to be one of those Deaf-Mutes...Or should I?" -- Laughing Man

[Image: ach.png]

Sponsored links

"White shadow" isn't really specific. There are tons of white shadows.
The only ones I remember are the white beetle things near the end of Persona 3.

Why not just switch it to 720p during those battles?

Also, have you considered using widescreen patches?

(03-21-2013, 08:00 AM)devina40 Wrote: "White shadow" isn't really specific. There are tons of white shadows.
The only ones I remember are the white beetle things near the end of Persona 3.

Why not just switch it to 720p during those battles?

Also, have you considered using widescreen patches?

I am recording in 1280x720 with the screen stretched. It happens with any "white" shadow enemies. The white ones have some kind of special affect that causes GSdx to go insane for some reason.

In P3 it happened with those beetles and any enemy in Monad. So far in P4 the only white enemies I have found have been the ones in Void Quest.

I have also found while playing that if there is more than one white shadow on screen my game lags but if there is only one it runs just fine (in Persona 4, talking about the white bird shadows in 3-4 of Void Quest).

The FPS drops by about 15%~20% per extra shadow, two of em 40 to 45 fps, three of em 18 to 26 fps.
"I thought what I would do was, I'd pretend to be one of those Deaf-Mutes...Or should I?" -- Laughing Man

Think you can link to your YouTube channel here?
(03-21-2013, 09:51 AM)devina40 Wrote: Think you can link to your YouTube channel here?

Don't have the videos uploaded yet. I have not even started uploading the walkthrough, stating that on next Monday and it will be at least a month before I get up to where I am recording atm (around part 70ish).

I will see if I can make a video showing the problem though; would be quicker and easier.