Persona 3 FES
Heya folks, I've restarted playing Persona 3 FES and the game runs flawlessly on 1920*1080 with MSAA on under Video hacks etc. Until I've reached Floor 14 (I believe) where you fight the first Arcana Shadow, when he gets in screen (In the fighting screen) my FPS drops bigtime, is there any trick to make that also run on 60 fps??

Sponsored links

tried hw hacks skip-draw 1?

even tho i cant rememebr any slowdowns on this game with my amd-965 at the time :/
and i dount 200mhz diference in clocks would be the case Tongue (i had it at 3.9ghz)

i am asuming you have turned EEcycle to 2 and mtvu hack on?
if so you could try vucyclestealing at 1 but i doubt that will magicaly solve the problem Tongue

maybe you are playing at a to big resolution for that particulair scene?
try 2x native and see what results you get.
only the MTVU Hack on, cause the game just runs on 60 fps fine, only with that big arcana monster it slows down to a crawl. Even the anime parts runs normally on 60 fps and I know well that with some monsters that the game gets slow, just like in Persona 4 where there's a lot of white in the fighting screen, the fps goes down aswell. Also it slowed down to such a crawl, after my first attack, PCSX2 just closed the game screen with no error what so ever, perhaps I pressed escape, which seems the most logical thing, cause I never had it before that PCSX2, just closes the game window and not giving an error.
tried native? XD

also that 2 on EEcyclerate is a good boost in fps, regardless of fps you are getting, its a good ''just in case'' speed hack Tongue

but on crawling fps i asume you mean like 10fps and lower?
haven't really checked, but I think it might be 10-20 fps orso, might be the cause of the textures that monster has.
(02-05-2013, 02:17 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: haven't really checked, but I think it might be 10-20 fps orso, might be the cause of the textures that monster has.

doubt it, i would have remembered such a slowdown when playing through the game.

post the save closest to that moment (is it a boss or regulair enemy?)

il boot the game up tommorow and see what my results are

if that doesnt work go 9.8, i am certain that it will run good on that, it was the last build i played it on when i had an amd based system and that went without any slowdowns.
my build isn't even up to the latest SVN atm I do still think it has to do with the texture the monster has, I'm not the only one that has some slowdowns with some Persona monsters. And I think you could call it a boss, since it's an Arcana Monster (Single monster not the 3 you encounter first).
(02-05-2013, 02:43 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: my build isn't even up to the latest SVN atm I do still think it has to do with the texture the monster has, I'm not the only one that has some slowdowns with some Persona monsters. And I think you could call it a bass, since it's an Arcana Monster (Single monster not the 3 you encounter first).

latest version doesnt mean faster Tongue

most of the earlier build were faster because it was less compatible but the newer speedhacks do do some wonders (i know i said doodoo >..<)

still dont see a memorycard with a save i can try out tommorow :3
I forgot to save, cause I went from Floor 1 to 14 until the game window just closed, so I thought it crashed or something, I'll post it 2morrow, when I restart from the save I'm at.

Here is a [Image: 2884cqx.jpg]
with the EE/GS and FPS when I'm in the dungeon.
It's the creatures. Those with a reflective texture will bring your GPU to its knees (Those of the guardian/arcana and gold creatures). Fighting gold creatures makes me go under 30FPS. I have to lower the res to native in order to make it run 60FPS. Besides that, I can run this game at 3x res with absolutely no slowdowns. No speedhacks besides MTVU which isn't even necessary for this game.