Persona 3 FES - Graphics + FPS issues
Hi there, I'm completely new to PCSX2, so thanks in advance for any stumbling I make. I tried a bit of a search for the problems that I'm having, but didn't turn up much, though that might be because I'm not quite sure how exactly to describe the problems I'm having.

PC SPECS
Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz
4GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4500 512MB

I'm using 0.9.7 haven't tweaked the settings that much, so it's pretty much as in the guide (no speedhacks). I'm playing it at a 800x600 resolution.
GSdx 0.1.16 SSSE3 (hope that's right?) - Direct3D10 (Hardware), internal resolution 1024x768, texture filtering checked
Everything else left as default, running off an iso.

1. Framerate
The first time that I played, I was able to get around 50-60fps (approximate because I was playing in fullscreen) without any noticeable slowdowns, even in the morning classroom scenes. The next time that I tried though, I've been getting really variable framerates. It's at 50 - 60fps for about 50% of the time, and the other 50% of the time it can go as low as about 30fps. I checked for any kind of CPU throttling/temperature controls, but can't really find anything - or maybe I just don't know where to look?

3. Graphics
Two seperate problems. First is that while the images of the character during dialogue as well as during the anime sequences are really pixellated, while the 3D rendering seems okay.
Screenshots

[Image: 2llhdnl.jpg]

[Image: t0kz5z.jpg]

Strangely enough, there were a few minutes (during the control room scene before the monorail full moon) where it looked really good.

Second is more difficult describe (and a little difficult to screencap). The best I can say is that it's like a moving/pulsing ghosting of the 3D, to the point where it's amost like seeing double. It was most noticeable during the train with the windows, but it also appeared in places like the dorm. I am....pretty sure it's not intentional, but er, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (and I will slink quietly away in embarrassment orz)

I'm not at my own computer right now, but I'll try to post some more screenshots of my configs and the problems when I get home. Thanks so much in advance!

Sponsored links

1. your cpu is bottlenecking, in your second picture the ee-usage is already at 92%, thats why you dont get full fps. you could try some speedhacks. don't activate all at once, try and see what speedhack brings the best speedup

2. its the resolution you set, try a different one or use 2x scaling instead of internal resolution (it wont get perfect, but still better as of now)
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
(09-20-2010, 12:52 AM)Cyphox Wrote: 1. your cpu is bottlenecking, in your second picture the ee-usage is already at 92%, thats why you dont get full fps. you could try some speedhacks. don't activate all at once, try and see what speedhack brings the best speedup

2. its the resolution you set, try a different one or use 2x scaling instead of internal resolution (it wont get perfect, but still better as of now)

Thanks so much! It's actually looking much better: I changed to superVU, enabled some recommended speedhacks + persona games fix, limited frame rate to 60fps, and also changed the scaling.
It's now at a pretty steady 60fps, occassionally dropping to around 50fps and maybe 40fps during battes. EE-usage has also dropped to an average of about 70%, though it has gone as low as around 30% and as high as 90%. The picture's also improved, but still a little pixellated, with some strange flickerings.