Persona 3 FES Missing UI Issue
Hi,

Just a quick note before I begin: I've browsed and searched through this forum several times as a non-member. The only thread I was able to find that covered this issue was here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Persona-3-fes-battle-ui

However all methods on that thread I've tried and did not work (I've tried three different ISOs). Also, I must of not had this problem in the past because I had a save in the game on the date 5/26, which means I never encountered this before and I was able to play the game normally, regardless of which ISO I was using.

Anyway, to the problem:

I haven't used PCSX2 in a while, expect to play Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 (which I played through both without problem, except the common crash issue with one of the final bosses in #1, which I found how to fix the issue on these forums).

However recently I've been wanting to play Persona 3 again, yet whenever I get to the very first battle on the roof, the battle UI will not load at all. I managed to somehow cycle through the invisible UI once and attack? I think? but it completely locked up the game.

I've tried completely resetting all the settings in PCSX2. I've tried using variant settings and going through the full plugin configuration guide several times. I'm still having the issue no matter what I've changed (although I did fix a minor clipping issue on the 2D drawn models, yay!)

But yeah, if there's any logs or anything I need to post, please let me know which ones and how to go about doing it so I can fix this and continue on with the game. Thank you again!

P.S. Attached will be a screenshot of the issue. I'll also include a log that was created right now to show the issue (contains specs, when I reset all settings to default as my final resort to fixing the issue, and me loading the savestate which leads to the issue).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   Persona 3 No UI Issue log.txt (Size: 5,25 KB / Downloads: 261)

Sponsored links

TLB misses out the whazzoo... It's either a bad dump (try dumping from your original disc again using imgburn), or you have cheats enabled and you have a bad cheat.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(08-20-2013, 06:42 PM)Koji Wrote: TLB misses out the whazzoo... It's either a bad dump (try dumping from your original disc again using imgburn), or you have cheats enabled and you have a bad cheat.

Wow I feel like an idiot. I guess I did have an old cheat file in my Cheats folder with an incorrect code, I guess it wasn't converted correctly. I completely forgot about that. I deleted the pnach file, and the interface is back again.

Wow and I went through every complex method of trying to fix this haha... Can't believe it was so simple. Thank you again.