Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Persona 3 FES - Widescreen Problem
Hi. Want to start out with a big thanks to everyone here working the widescreen patches. Just found out about this today and it's truly awesome.

I'm not able to get the fix for Persona 3 FES (CRC 94A82AAA) to work however. Here's the pnach:
gametitle=Persona 3
comment=Widescreen
patch=1,EE,207CAD1C,word,3FE38E39

However, loading this up does not change the view at all. PCSX2 verifies that it loads the cheat, but it just doesn't do anything.

I was able to get my copy of SMT:Nocturne to work with it's patch, so I'm confident I have things set up properly. Has anyone else had issue getting WS for P3:FES? Or is there an alternate patch? Been trying to patch it manually all night with no luck (but some humorous side effects and a lot of frustration).

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

Works fine here...have you set aspect ratio to 16:9 in PCSX2?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yes, aspect ratio is 16:9. As mentioned I can get Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne to display 16:9.

My Persona 3 CRC matches that of the patch, and the console indicates the "cheat" is loaded.

I've also tried manually dorking with the value at the offset from the pnach file, and all changes to the value have no effect. Manually going through with CheatEngine looking for other values has led to several offsets effecting things like camera placement (left/right pan, zoom, height) but nothing to expand fov.

Was hoping someone had encountered the same issue previously and had arrived at a solution. I might have to just play it 4:3 or learn to live with stretch.

Thanks for the reply though.