Persona 3 FES and Persona 4(8 bit textures option)
i have a dude...well what is the difference that have unchecked and checked the 8 bitx textures in this games?i need enable or disable this option for have more quality in the game?

my config is 1920x1080 internal resolution custom

gsdx d3d11,billinear ps2,16 x anisotropic,crc full safest.

my pc specs is amd phenom ii 955 BE 3.2 GHz
amd 5770 vapor x
6 gb ram
Windows 7 64 bits

is the same option use custom resolution in copy 1920x1080 or i need use 3x native?
any difference of 8 bit textures checked or disable?

for more quality i need disable or enable 8 bit textures?

Sponsored links

8bit textures doesn't change the appearance of a game (or shouldn't), it just stops them being converted to 32bit textures. In some games this is quicker, in others it's slower, so use whatever works best performance-wise.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

And use 3x native, it has better quality and less chance of graphical issues. But custom resolution might be a bit faster if you have any speed issues.
(12-09-2016, 07:19 PM)refraction Wrote: 8bit textures doesn't change the appearance of a game (or shouldn't), it just stops them being converted to 32bit textures. In some games this is quicker, in others it's slower, so use whatever works best performance-wise.

but for persona games is recomended this option?i disable or enable?
(12-09-2016, 07:24 PM)FlatOut Wrote: And use 3x native, it has better quality and less chance of graphical issues. But custom resolution might be a bit faster if you have any speed issues.

thanks i change the custom 1920x1080 for 3 x now,my other question is the option 8 bits textures is recomended disable or enable in persona games?

my game work in 60 fps with custom 1920 or 3 x native,the emulator is better i have enable mtvu probablt for this but in graphics setting my dude is the 8 bits textures...much people have differents comments for the persona games of this option.
if you get 60fps already don't worry about it, it will make no difference to you.

(12-09-2016, 10:07 PM)refraction Wrote: if you get 60fps already don't worry about it, it will make no difference to you.
ok thanks i enable the option 8 bit in before versión that have a minor glitch each time that the images of characters close the eyes but now in this new versión 1.4.0 this not happen.

sorry for my basic english,thanks.

now i have 3x native,bilinear ps2 16 x anisotropic and crc full safest. with mtvu enable that i have a phenom ii with 4 cores processors but for a strange reason only 2 times the game is freeze..i need check more.
When 8 bit texture are disabled, you can use hardware filtering (linear/anisotropic).
well i have more quality disabled 8 bit texture?

i have 16 x ain anisotropic
Possibly, yes. Toggle it, take a couple of screenshots and compare, you will soon see Smile