Persona 3 FES hangs
I've been playing roughly 4 hours of Persona 3 FES on 0.9.7 and it has worked beautifully with about 60 FPS all the time without any graphical glitches and whatnot but now when I enter the gymnasium to rank up my Kendo team S. Link it hangs at the point where the dude falls over. The same thing happened at the start with another S. Link option involving the sports team choice. I chose another that and got past the part but since it's the same thing again I thought it would be better to check if there's a fix Ninja

My PC:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3.00GHz
4Gb RAM (Vista 32Bit tho' so about 3.2Gb)
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512

I've tried 0.9.7 and 0.9.6 but they both hang up in the same place. The output window goes bat-***** crazy with this message
Code:
cvFsOpen #6:open failed E02110501 adxstmf_stat_exec: can't open VOL:F000_000.PAC
The end number changes at times. It's been "VOL:F240_000.PAC" too for example.

So what gives? Is there something wrong with the .iso file maybe? If you need any other info feel free to ask.

E: I'm getting the feeling this went to the wrong place so move it if it did.

Sponsored links

what settings are you using? try not use speedhacks at all use microvu and put EE/FPU full/nearest and vu0/vu1 exta+/nearest
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Haven't been using any speedhacks and haven't messed with the settings besides checking that everything that seems important is ok.

Tried full/nearest and so on but no effect except maybe 5 to 10 FPS drop.
maybe its your iso then... remake it with imgburn
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Yep it was the .iso. Fooled around with it for a while and now it works. Should have done that in the first place to be perfectly honest Happy

Thanks for the help though.
I too experienced the same issue as MrSunshine, same error in the Kendo gym. Hate to sound like a nub but how does one "remake an iso with imgburn?" Any helpful advice would be most appreciated.
Put your original P3:FES DVD game disc in your DVD drive and make a new ISO from it with ImgBurn.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I wonder if that's not an undub of the game where the undubber missed a file.
that's most likely true...
others were getting the same problem in the kendo gym
giving more information will break the rules of this forum (i think i've only bent them so far) but i will say that the undubber did release a patch to fix this, probably findable if you google a bit
Processor: Core i7 2600 3.4GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB Dual Channel DDR3 PC 12800
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H
Graphics: 2x Radeon HD 3870
Thanks for the update Tongue2