Persona 3 FES - help with GSdx
If I use the GSdx plugin, I get a lot of graphic glitches, but I get a constant 60fps no matter what. The only glitch I managed to solve was the one where parts of the character models disappear (such as the hair)
EDIT: I also get this weird flickering line at the very bottom of the screen when using this plugin. (you can kind of see it in the screenshot below)
If I use the ZeroGS plugin, I have no graphic glitches (except the common floor one, but after hours of searching I still couldn't find a fix for that and gave up) but get a low fps (40-55).

So I would like some help in getting the GSdx plugin to work with as little graphic glitches as possible because of the nice framerate.

A screenshot of ZeroGS plugin:
[Image: p31z.png]

A screenshot of GSdx plugin:
[Image: p32x.png]

And the current settings I'm using:
[Image: settingsl.png]

My system:
Windows XP
Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS 512
Intel Core2 Quad Q9650 3.00ghz
2GB ram
Using PCSX2-r1888 and running the Persona 3 disk straight from the drive.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

Go into PCSX2 Config \ Gamefixes
and there Check:

[*] "VU Clip Hack - Fixes missing ground geometry in Persona. (Super VU)"

This should correct the display problems you are having with GSDX

for the rest only point to add is to also use the latest plugin pack
(30th december)
Check my profile for System Specs (Updated).

My Youtube Channel: Dedicated to Anime, Gaming and Emulation.
Sorry, I forgot to mention I do already have that enabled, it actually didn't fix any of the glitches at all. Its the exact same with it off, lol.
I also do have the newest version of GSdx that I could find.

Thank you for the reply though.
The gsdx you showed in the picture doesn't look like the latest one. You may want to check that in the configuration. I have played only the answer part with pcsx2, but I don't recall seeing any graphical glitches. Also, try turning off all the speedhacks.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
That's definitely an older GSdx, try one of the newer revisions and see if it resolves the problem.
Thanks for the replies.
I searched around, and I think I found a newer version of GSdx (found from this page http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3031-page-1.html - the very last one on the list).
When I use that plugin, it fixes the problem shown in the screenshot above, but now I'm getting the rainbow floor glitch (when moving, rainbow colors show up on the floor) as well as the previous floor glitch I had (which was things like carpets and other flat objects on the floor/wall missing geometry - screenshot below).
[Image: floorglitch.png]

I can live with the previous floor glitch I had (although it would be nice if someone could help me fix that too) but the raindbow one is too annoying >.<
Download the december 30th plugin pack

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-6830.html

try with the gsdx plugin that comes in there it should work perfectly fine.
Check my profile for System Specs (Updated).

My Youtube Channel: Dedicated to Anime, Gaming and Emulation.
(02-12-2010, 05:35 PM)Fellshadow Wrote: The previous floor glitch I had (which was things like carpets and other flat objects on the floor/wall missing geometry - screenshot below).

I had the EXACT same problem with a lot of games until I switched to D3D10 rendering.
(02-12-2010, 05:41 PM)Imbapally Wrote: Download the december 30th plugin pack

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-6830.html

try with the gsdx plugin that comes in there it should work perfectly fine.

I tried that one and it worked! It fixed all the graphic glitches except the missing geometry one. Thanks to everyone that helped out!
EDIT: Actually, now that I started using this one, every 15 seconds or so, a large black bar that runs from the left hand side of the screen to the right will flash up for a split second. It not a big deal, but it is kind of annoying. Any suggestions?

(02-12-2010, 06:01 PM)andutrache Wrote:
(02-12-2010, 05:35 PM)Fellshadow Wrote: The previous floor glitch I had (which was things like carpets and other flat objects on the floor/wall missing geometry - screenshot below).

I had the EXACT same problem with a lot of games until I switched to D3D10 rendering.

Yeah, I've read around that using Dx10 fixes the geometry glitch, but I have windows xp, so that won't work for me.
I can live with it though. Of course, if anyone has any suggestions of what I could do to fix it, that would be awesome. It would be much nicer to play it perfectly, haha.
EDIT: If I turn on Direct3D9 (software), it fixes the missing geometry but the FPS drops to about 15, AA is really low so everything looks horrible, and the black bars mentioned in my previous edit above become full screen black flashes >.<