Persona 3: FES won't launch
(06-09-2010, 04:58 AM)Jadness Wrote: Hi my plugins wont load for some reason when playiing persona 3, even when i run as administrator in windows seven can anyone help.

Does it only happen with that game? Any errors in the PCSX2 console/output window?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

dont hav any other games to try it with but in the console it says that it failed to copy documents (error 5), then it says cant commit (error 0) and lastly failed to update user configuration file.
PS2 uses a very old and slow CPU so you would think it would be easy to emulate. However it uses improper math (especially on rounding) on some functions... meaning that to emulate it on CPU that uses international standards for math (x86, PowerPC, PS3 cell (a powerPC derivative), xbox360 (powerPC derivative), ARM, or SPARC) you require easily over 10 math operations to emulate that one single "wrong" math operation. Games were developed with that in mind so they work... but try running them on a different processor and you get trouble.
Different games rely on different mathematical functions to different extent... so some games will emulate fine on your CPU, some require a much much faster CPU then yours to not lag.

The VUs config page, with rounding mode and clamp mode let you choose how "accurate" you want it to be... its ok to be a little off in many games, but not all.

there is a thread around here that explains it all in great technical detail.

(06-09-2010, 06:29 AM)Jadness Wrote: dont hav any other games to try it with but in the console it says that it failed to copy documents (error 5), then it says cant commit (error 0) and lastly failed to update user configuration file.

Can you include a screenshot?
I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not superman!

Rig: Q9400, 4GB DDR2, eVGA GTX260 SC, gigabyte EP35-DS3R. X25-M 80GB G2.
(06-09-2010, 06:29 AM)Jadness Wrote: dont hav any other games to try it with but in the console it says that it failed to copy documents (error 5), then it says cant commit (error 0) and lastly failed to update user configuration file.

Try running PCSX2 as admin (right click) and/or moving the pcsx2 folder to a place with rights, like your Documents folder.
Also make sure to update your DirectX: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?prd=1123...lcid=0x409
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
i tryed runing it as administer and u put it in document. did u want me to put the whole game folder in the documents? i moved from program files to document folder.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jadness... uninstall PCSX2,
then install it into C:\Games\PCSX2
then try it.

The default installation folder should be changed to NOT be in the "program files" directory.
And the default location for settings and saves should be in User\Saved Games\PCSX2 not User\Documents\PCSX2

EDIT: Jadness, looking over your picture I see that most plugin loaded fine (meaning that you have permission for said folders)... only two specific files had a permission problem...
This leads me to suspect that said files are broken leftovers... I would try deleting (or move away) the entire config directory and creating a new one (it will create a new one on first run after said directory is deleted).

im installing the game in the c drive but i dont have a folder for games so i made a folder for games in the c drive, is that ok?
i tried it and its shorter message saying it cant remove file from saved games and failed to update.
how do i delete directory and fix those broken leftovers
(06-09-2010, 07:53 AM)Jadness Wrote: i tried it and its shorter message saying it cant remove file from saved games and failed to update.
how do i delete directory and fix those broken leftovers

you tried what? what is saying what?

i tried installing it in those said folders but to no avail. the meassage i get on the console is shorter now but still not working. How do i fix those broken leftovers??
looks like this

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)