Persona 3 memory card issue
I have some old Persona 3 savesstates from the old VM version of PCSX2. I'm wondering if it is possible to get them to load in the beta 1888.
I realize that the savestates won't load in recent versions because they were made in VM rather than VTLB but is it possible to successfully save to a memory card in the old version and load that memory card in the new version. I tried doing this (including saving three times in the same slot in P3 because of an issue it has) and copying the memory card file over to the new version but upon selecting load in the P3 menu running on the new PCSX2 version it showed all the save slots in the menu as being empty.
Then I read that the memory cards might have to be formatted in the bios so I did that in the bios using the old version of PCSX2, however now when trying to save to a memory card in P3 in the old PCSX2 it now freezes as soon as I select the memory slot to save to. The music continues to play, the scrolling text continues on the left and windows does not show it as not responding but I have left it like this for 10 minutes without it finishing saving.

Any way of accomplishing what I am trying to do or will I either have to either start a new game or continue using the old PCSX2 version?
Sorry for the long post.

Sponsored links

The old version had severe memory card bugs.
There is a way to salvage the saves though, by using the memcard editor mymc.
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca:11068/mymc/index.html
(03-08-2010, 05:17 AM)rama Wrote: The old version had severe memory card bugs.
There is a way to salvage the saves though, by using the memcard editor mymc.
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca:11068/mymc/index.html
When I try to open the memory card files in mymc it just returns an error stating "Not a PS2 memory card image."
The memory card should have worked fine when moving to the new version should have checked if they were still there in the BIOS maybe you just chose the wrong card. Try formatting the card in the BIOS in the new version, it's probable the old version just damaged it.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(03-08-2010, 11:24 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: The memory card should have worked fine when moving to the new version should have checked if they were still there in the BIOS maybe you just chose the wrong card. Try formatting the card in the BIOS in the new version, it's probable the old version just damaged it.

Maybe this is the one that they called "bios bug"
it doesn't make any sense at all, i mean like either the bios or the pcsx2 aren't stable yet ?
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
(03-08-2010, 06:35 AM)Kalelovil Wrote: When I try to open the memory card files in mymc it just returns an error stating "Not a PS2 memory card image."

That appear when there is something wrong with the card or it's just not formatted