Persona 3 running slow
So, I've been trying to emulate persona 3, but I'm getting slowdowns at some point, like when I try to use a skill and at the entrance of tartarus, also randomly for a brief periods (only noticable by the sound slowdown) during daytime. I'm not sure it's a config problem, since I got a really bad graphic card, but I'm still hoping it can be helped.

My spec

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7300 2.66GHz
RAM: 2gb
GPU: GeForce 210
OP system: Windows 7 32 bit

So, can it be helped, or I should be glad that I can run at this speed?

Sponsored links

use some speedhacks, set gsdx internal res to native, and don't expect miracles.
your GPU is unfortunately quite weak...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-13-2012, 05:08 AM)OrkMan Wrote: So, I've been trying to emulate persona 3, but I'm getting slowdowns at some point, like when I try to use a skill and at the entrance of tartarus, also randomly for a brief periods (only noticable by the sound slowdown) during daytime. I'm not sure it's a config problem, since I got a really bad graphic card, but I'm still hoping it can be helped.

My spec

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7300 2.66GHz
RAM: 2gb
GPU: GeForce 210
OP system: Windows 7 32 bit

So, can it be helped, or I should be glad that I can run at this speed?

I have a similar system (though the cpu is only 1.733) and depending on the area usually get above 45 frames a second.

With speed hacks, and particularly newer versions of gsdx I can push that a little higher.

Play with it, but keep in mind that sometimes (at least in P3) the speedhacks can have some irritating effects
I see, thanks for the responses.