Persona 4 Hanging
I'm having the same problem with the user from old the pcsx2 forum so I'm coping and pasting(credit goes to Shizor)

Persona 4 hangs after the first boss does that green shockwave thing, which I'm sure is not new information to you guys.

after looking around on this forum, I've seen posts talking about a "iR5900-32.c" (which i can't find anywhere) and changing some code to "0xffc0", and something about a rounding mode, but I have no idea what they are talking about.

Can someone please tell me what to do in beginner's terms?
*CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @3GHz
*RAM: 4000MB DDR2 SDRAM
*GPU: GeForce 8800 GTS

Sponsored links

Go to options > advanced.
In there on the left side, you should see a marker on "nearest".
Change that to "chop".
Thanks for the help, was able to pass that event and the game runs great constant 40-60fps
*CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @3GHz
*RAM: 4000MB DDR2 SDRAM
*GPU: GeForce 8800 GTS
woo, thanks, it fixed my prob too Laugh

also, i noticed at the beginning, when you first goto sleep and encounter the fog (???) world then you have your first battle, if I attack the unknown guy, the game just hangs. the solution to this is to keep GUARDING, then the game will continue.

someone should compile all these persona 4 fixes in a dedicated thread! the game is running great so far.
PCSX2 SVN-563 VTLB // C2E QX6850 @ 3.38ghz, Radeon HD 4850 512mb, 8gb DDR2-1000, Velociraptor 10000rpm 300gb, Vista Business x86-64, XB360 Wired Controller
Sad 
Hi,
i have a problem with the worldmap.
I can finaly access it at day 04/18, but i can't move the selection to any other location.

Could it be my controller, or the controller plugin?
I use LilyPad cause SSSPSX doesn't work with my controller,
even though i can assign the buttons..

Thanks for your help. Smile
Make sure you have the D-pad buttons assigned. With the Saitek controller I'm using, the joystick doesnt work for the worldmap either, i have to use the D-pad.
Intel C2D [email protected] | 2GB DDR2@800Mhz | NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX 512MB | Asus P5N-D nForce 750i SLI Chipset | XP Pro SP3 | SuperPI 1.5-1m in 15.5s
Intel C2D [email protected] | 2GB DDR2@665MHz | 2xSLI NVIDIA GeForceGo 7950GTX 512MB | XP Pro SP3 | Alienware Laptop | SuperPI 1.5-1m in 23s
(12-22-2008, 11:46 PM)Alcobob Wrote: Hi,
i have a problem with the worldmap.
I can finaly access it at day 04/18, but i can't move the selection to any other location.

Could it be my controller, or the controller plugin?
I use LilyPad cause SSSPSX doesn't work with my controller,
even though i can assign the buttons..

Thanks for your help. Smile
i have the same issue. i never really thought of it, but i have to use the d-pad too here. really minor issue, really.

using: SSSPSX PAD 1.7.0 with a x360 wired controller
PCSX2 SVN-563 VTLB // C2E QX6850 @ 3.38ghz, Radeon HD 4850 512mb, 8gb DDR2-1000, Velociraptor 10000rpm 300gb, Vista Business x86-64, XB360 Wired Controller
(12-23-2008, 10:01 AM)tabasket Wrote: Make sure you have the D-pad buttons assigned. With the Saitek controller I'm using, the joystick doesnt work for the worldmap either, i have to use the D-pad.
Thanks, that really was the issue.
I can switch between the dpad and the Analog via a button switch, so i foregot that i didn't assign it...
I'm an idiot... Tongue
*slaps forehead

lol a similar problem always happens to my brother and I when using our ps2 controllers via pc. The analog button isn't pressed (and thus light doesn't flash red), and we're all like "omg, we can't move. wtf happened!".

we soak our heads in the toilet bowl afterwards....b/c this happened more than once..
3.0ghz E8400 Dual Core Processor
4 Gigs Corsair DDR2 RAM
(2x)8800GT SLI (dual cards)
Ninja
@antipunt : nice just like me ^^ or sometimes the game actually requires analog ^^ so you have to set it in lilypad XD
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm