Persona 4 Help
I'm trying to play Persona 4 on my computer, but PCSX2 shuts down after something happens (I don't really get it). I've been trying to run an ISO, so can someone help me out?

Sponsored links

First of all what version of PCSX are you using? What are your system specs and have you tried to redump your game?
I'm using version 0.9.8

What do you mean by the other two?

Also, my cousin showed me this whole thing so that I don't have to drag around my PS3 just so I can play Persona, so I don't really get this at all. Unfortunately, neither does he Tongue
Well ok then, you made your iso from your DVD right? Have you tried doing it again? And first of all have you dumped your bios files from your ps2? Give us some information so we can help, have you ever played other ps2 game on PCSX2 before?
Yes. Yes. I think so. No, this is my first time playing a game using pcsx
Ok first try this

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Co...tion-Guide

If it doesn't help, try redumping game again from your DVD you did it once right? And maybe try runing game (after configuration) from DVD. If still nothing then post here, Btw is your game working on ps2? When you last checked it? Smile
(05-22-2012, 09:42 PM)Levaniko Wrote: Ok first try this

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Co...tion-Guide

If it doesn't help, try redumping game again from your DVD you did it once right? And maybe try runing game (after configuration) from DVD. If still nothing then post here, Btw is your game working on ps2? When you last checked it? Smile

Yes, the game is working on my ps, and now pcsx2 works. But the game freezes at a certain point. I have tried to play the game several times, but it keeps staying at a certain point. Can you help with this?
Okay I finished persona 4 on 0.9.8 so answer My questions and I'll try to help

1)What are your System Specs? (your CPU, GPU RAM)
2)Have you tried redumping your game? (creating iso from your DVD again)
3)Does PCSX2 Crash or it just game freezes? (if so is there any error message in log?)
4)What settings do you use? (for PCSX2)

Answer these questions and I'll try to help, without information it's hard to determine problem
1. How do I figure those out? (Sorry I'm so new Tongue)

2. Yes

3. The game just stays a a certain scene and doesn't move on. If you know persona 4, it's the beginning of the game where you meet a dark shadowy figure. After I attack it (or make a move in general), the game gives the damage and shows the hero and the shadow. And I know that the shadow guy is supposed to say something, but he and the hero are just standing on the screen. You can rush, but it doesnt do anything. Also, the screen has movement, so I'm not sure what's going on.

4. Umm, I'm actually using my phone right now, so I'll have to get back to you on that tomorrow
I can only help with no 1

1. Open PCSX2
2. In PCSX2 Program Log window copy everything under "Host Machine Init" and paste them here
3. And for GPU, under the same window look for something like "Binding PAD", your GPU name is just above it

Hope this helps...