Persona 4 Help Please
Hi guys,

I'm new to all this so sorry if this has been hashed out before. I did try to look at previous threads but I couldn't find one that explained what would be wrong with P4 in the .8 version. None of their solutions worked.

Basically I get serious slowdown (40 FPS) even at dialogue scenes and occasionally during battles.

My computer's stats:
- Intel Core i5 at full turbo/overclock speed
- 4 GB RAM
- nVidia GeForce GT 335M

And this is a screenshot of the settings I've been trying to play P4 on:

Please help, or ask for any information you might need, thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

show a screenshot of your gsdx options and post you processor clock speed. You should be able to play P4 fine, i get solid fps at 1920x1080 and your cpu is much better suited for pcsx2 than mine, oh and stop using GSDX SSE2, you can use SSE41 or SSSE3.
Depends on the i5... it may or may not be fast enough... Likewise the GPU is right on the edge for this game... If EE% is high, then your CPU is being maxed out and you may need to try some additional speed hacks since you won't be able to overclock your laptop (nor would it be recommended)

If the EE% isn't 90% or higher it's your graphics card slowing things down... Try setting the game to native res.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(06-21-2011, 03:19 AM)PARENTETHESIS Wrote: show a screenshot of your gsdx options and post you processor clock speed. You should be able to play P4 fine, i get solid fps at 1920x1080 and your cpu is much better suited for pcsx2 than mine, oh and stop using GSDX SSE2, you can use SSE41 or SSSE3.

It's attached.

Also, what's the difference between the SSE2 and SSE41 components? I changed it but j/w...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Also change from DX9 to the DX11 setting... you'll get better performance with it.
(06-21-2011, 03:35 AM)Koji Wrote: Also change from DX9 to the DX11 setting... you'll get better performance with it.

OK, with regards to first comment: My EE was usually around 40%. Is that bad? I have a great graphics card so I don't know why that would happen...

I did change it to native graphics. However, the highest DX I have in the configure menu is DX10. I changed it to that for now, but is DX11 important enough that I should seek it out?
335m is not a great graphics, it's a sub-mainstream 'card'.

The 335m may be limited to DX10, as far as PCSX2 is concerned, DX10 is the same as DX11 and both are better for PS2 emulation in almost all cases (faster too).
NEVERMIND!

All is well, I just tested it and it's working perfectly now. So something worked!

Thanks Koji for all your help Laugh. It's refreshing to play it without the dialogue being completely drawn out.