Persona 4 :O
Hey there Mac-Users Laugh
Could you help me with running Persona 4?
I get a steady 60fps at the main menu, but..

I seems to have a sound-effect lag of 1-2 seconds.
Any voice acting (for example, Igor's at the start of the game, shoot it down to 20-22fps.

Specs
Intel i7 2.2 Quad Core
4GB DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon 6750 with 1GB VRAM (or Intel HD 3000)

Thanks in advance Smile

Sponsored links

honestly, try going into your sound plugin and deselect everything (nothing should be checked). Even though it says it helps, i find it does the opposite. With things checked i usually get massive fps drops and 1-2 seconds of audio delay. with nothing checked it runs smooth as a baby's bottom.
13" 2010 Mac Book Pro - Snow Leopard 10.6.7 - Pcsx2 Version: 0.9.6 (and praying on 0.9.7 to release)
2.4Ghz Intel Duo Core | NVIDIA 320M (256mb) | 4 Gigs 1067mhz DDR3 Ram

(04-24-2011, 11:31 AM)mubbsy Wrote: honestly, try going into your sound plugin and deselect everything (nothing should be checked). Even though it says it helps, i find it does the opposite. With things checked i usually get massive fps drops and 1-2 seconds of audio delay. with nothing checked it runs smooth as a baby's bottom.

does the same thing to me :/
which sound plugin are you using?

SPU2Null 0.8.0?
P.E.Op.S SPU2 1.9.0?
ZeroSPU2 Playground 0.4.6?

also your other settings could potentially be having an effect on it. have your tried lowering AA, and toying with speedhack and GPU settings?
13" 2010 Mac Book Pro - Snow Leopard 10.6.7 - Pcsx2 Version: 0.9.6 (and praying on 0.9.7 to release)

(04-25-2011, 12:58 PM)mubbsy Wrote: which sound plugin are you using?

SPU2Null 0.8.0?
P.E.Op.S SPU2 1.9.0?
ZeroSPU2 Playground 0.4.6?

also your other settings could potentially be having an effect on it. have your tried lowering AA, and toying with speedhack and GPU settings?

I'm experiencing the same thing and it's getting frustrating. Sad I've tried unchecking everything in the sound plugin but the same thing's happening. The graphics of the people becomes rather boxy too, and all movement becomes slower. I'm using Zero SPU2 Playground 0.4.6 for sounds and ZZ Ogl 0.21.213 for graphics, if that helps.

I'm a real newb in this kind of thing so any help would be GREATLY appreciated Smile.
(07-09-2011, 05:18 PM)Cissnei Wrote: I'm experiencing the same thing and it's getting frustrating. Sad I've tried unchecking everything in the sound plugin but the same thing's happening. The graphics of the people becomes rather boxy too, and all movement becomes slower. I'm using Zero SPU2 Playground 0.4.6 for sounds and ZZ Ogl 0.21.213 for graphics, if that helps.

I'm a real newb in this kind of thing so any help would be GREATLY appreciated Smile.

Update your graphics plugin to ZZOglPG 0.1.0 from the downloads page: http://pcsx2mac.net/downloads/
Download the DMG then open the plugin with PCSX2 already open and it should install by itself.

That might help.

As for the sound delay, what graphics card does your computer have? I have the same problem no matter what game I run, there is always a delay. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the intel HD 3000 graphics. Is that what you have? (if it's not, I'm totally wrong)

Thanks
(07-09-2011, 11:30 PM)flurgle Wrote: Update your graphics plugin to ZZOglPG 0.1.0 from the downloads page: http://pcsx2mac.net/downloads/
Download the DMG then open the plugin with PCSX2 already open and it should install by itself.

That might help.

As for the sound delay, what graphics card does your computer have? I have the same problem no matter what game I run, there is always a delay. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the intel HD 3000 graphics. Is that what you have? (if it's not, I'm totally wrong)

Thanks

I just downloaded the new plugin, results are the same Sad Thank you for the tip though, I was wondering if ZZOglPG 0.1.0 was an upgrade or a downgrade Smile. Um... actually I have a NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics (I'm not exactly sure if that is, I only checked the box and it was the closest name to a graphics card, at least I thought so) I'm not sure which is higher or lower between the two but I hope you have more theories that can help Smile

BTW, this is what the graphics look like on my pcsx2 after the opening sequence:
[Image: Screenshot2011-07-10at72206AM.png]

Thanks!
(07-10-2011, 01:46 AM)Cissnei Wrote: I just downloaded the new plugin, results are the same Sad Thank you for the tip though, I was wondering if ZZOglPG 0.1.0 was an upgrade or a downgrade Smile. Um... actually I have a NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics (I'm not exactly sure if that is, I only checked the box and it was the closest name to a graphics card, at least I thought so) I'm not sure which is higher or lower between the two but I hope you have more theories that can help Smile

BTW, this is what the graphics look like on my pcsx2 after the opening sequence:
[Image: Screenshot2011-07-10at72206AM.png]

Thanks!

Well there goes my theory... yeah I can't help you out past that, although zedr0n (the creator of PCSX2 mac) put up a news post a while back pertaining to this game... not sure if it would be of any use though:
http://pcsx2mac.net/2010/11/15/persona-games-fixed/
Also, I'm not sure if the version he is talking about in the post is the current PCSX2 0.9.6 or the yet-to-be-released-at-any-time-now 0.9.7.

Either way, I bet when 0.9.7 comes out your game will work lots better.

As for the sound delay, I've tried lots of stuff and can't figure out how to fix mine... oh well.
(07-10-2011, 02:43 AM)flurgle Wrote: Well there goes my theory... yeah I can't help you out past that, although zedr0n (the creator of PCSX2 mac) put up a news post a while back pertaining to this game... not sure if it would be of any use though:
http://pcsx2mac.net/2010/11/15/persona-games-fixed/
Also, I'm not sure if the version he is talking about in the post is the current PCSX2 0.9.6 or the yet-to-be-released-at-any-time-now 0.9.7.

Either way, I bet when 0.9.7 comes out your game will work lots better.

As for the sound delay, I've tried lots of stuff and can't figure out how to fix mine... oh well.

Oh, okay. Thanks anyway, guess I'll just have to wait for the new release.
do other games work fine without the delay? i have the same video card and everything runs fine for me (although i havent tried playing this game).