Persona 4 Recommended Config
I haven't used PCSX2 in a while and I'm wondering how Persona 4 runs now and which plugins you suggest and such for Persona 4. My last downloaded version was PCSX2 0.9.7.r4236 and I'm running an Intel Core 2 Quad 2.33GHZ, 8GB of RAM and a Nvidia GTX 260. I know it's a CPU bottleneck but I'm just wondering which plugins you suggest, I'd rather not jump into it blind and yes I know there is a P4 thread already but I don't my post ignored. Thank you.

Sponsored links

Well Use GSdx the latest one

Config it to Direct3D11 (Hardware)

Interlacing : None

Scaling : your choice if

mine is Custom 1920 X 1080

leave the hardware mode settings alone

pick the Latest SPU-X

pick the Latest Lilypad

and choose the CDVD plugin for your need to run the games from the game or Iso

go GS Windows do Widescreen 16:9 if your monitor or tv is 16:9

adjust the Custom Windows Size of your Monitor or Tv Maximum size

Note if you want PCSX2 perform better for you use better Graphic Card, CPU and Lots of Ram if you want to controll the speed then go to GS and adjust the Framelimiter but i suggest you don`t unless you know what you doing.

hope this helps.
Quote:Note if you want PCSX2 perform better for you use better Graphic Card, CPU and Lots of Ram

ok about his cpu
his RAM amount is far more than enough and so is his GPU
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
His CPU is also more then abundant, though he will get some slowdowns in some area's in the game. I would say trial and error and atleast try to download one of the later SVN Builds so u can turn on MTVU hack (Recommended if you have more then 2 cores)
Shykin computer has lots of ram and a old and again a compatible graphic card your CPU is just ok Intel Core 2 is old but still ok but i would expect i7 perform which it does. atleaset you don`t have pentium or atom
(01-23-2012, 01:42 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: His CPU is also more then abundant, though he will get some slowdowns in some area's in the game. I would say trial and error and atleast try to download one of the later SVN Builds so u can turn on MTVU hack (Recommended if you have more then 2 cores)

Where would I find the later SVN builds? On the website?
http://www.pcsx2.net/svn.php
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
His CPU isn't enough. My Q6600 @ 3.4GHZ had slowdowns in the game as low as 30FPS at times.

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-2-33GHz-1333...B001DCLRYM

His estimate processor. I'd say it's not fast enough for full speed most of the time. Especially not OC'ed.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/over...66-12.html
|| Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA G3 850w PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||
Thank you for the assistance guys, I've tried it again on a new version and Persona 4 runs significantly better than it did before. The game runs nearly perfectly at places it previously slowed down to a crawl (Junes Food Court). I'm using quite a few speedhacks but haven't run into a issue and a past sound issue the game had has not appeared.
Mkilbride it is more then enough, I could run P4 on my old Athlon 64 X2 6000+ with ease, only slowdowns in Junes and with some monsters.