Persona 4 - Shadow textures seem glitched during battle
It's hard to explain, so I attached a screen.

[attachment=42244]

It's not the best of examples but you can see the shadow cast by the monster has lines in it. During actual gameplay those lines move around.

At first I thought it was supposed to do that but I watched some PS4 golden video and none of the shadows during battle did that.

Other than this one thing the game runs and looks great, this seems to be the last hiccup I am having.

Is this a known issue or can I do something to fix it?

My Core GS settings are all defaulted expect the MTVU is turned on.

I included my plug-in settings in a screen.

[attachment=42245]

Thanks for any suggestions.

Sponsored links

If I remember correctly, fiddle around with the checkboxes in HW hacks. Try Alpha Stencil, maybe. Forgot which one.

Also, Y U NO USE WIDESCREEN PATCH?
Thanks, your suggesting worked. I knew it was worth asking.

I've been using the WS hack on and off, I don't mind the 4:3 for games that were built for it and the occasional scene where people get stuck out of frame turned me off.
Fair enough, it's a funny trade-off quirk. Glad I could help.
Ha well, you did help the shadow issue during battle, Alpha fixed that but when I went into town I noticed my shadow was replaced by a pencil outline of my shadow. Turning off the Alpha returned my shadow. So, guess it's something I'll have to fiddle with or live with.
going to play this game soon, maybe i will find a solution for this, never noticed it tho Tongue
If your running a ATI card there seems to be a shadow bug with it..Played with both Nvidia and ATI never had it with Nvidia.
I don't have this problem with my Radeon, so I really doubt it.
And I have a nVidia card.

If people are interested, I'll post what shadows look like with various settings and include some screens.

I've seen various issues with various settings and fixing one seems to cause another issue.

Not sure why I am one of the few who are getting these issues but it's nothing too detracting.
(01-31-2013, 03:47 AM)CKY Wrote: And I have a nVidia card.

If people are interested, I'll post what shadows look like with various settings and include some screens.

I've seen various issues with various settings and fixing one seems to cause another issue.

Not sure why I am one of the few who are getting these issues but it's nothing too detracting.

are the shadows ALWAYS glitched or are they only glitched in battle?
going to get the game out today and see how to solve this.