Persona 4 and PS2 controller
Hi Guys,

I'm a noobie to PCSX2, but so far have been reading a lot of forum posts and watching a lot of helpful youtube vids to help me out with getting the right configuration to work on my PS2 games. Anyways, Ive been a bit bored of late and dug out my copy of Persona 4 which I never played on my PS2 as I really fancied playing a JRPG. I have to say...what a game, i'm loving it, its weird but I love the whole story and feel the game generates. Anyways, its playing superbly on PCSX2, I'm really impressed with it but I've hit a snag and I was wondering if theres a solution for the problem I've encountered. I have tried the search function but can't seem to find anyone with the same problem.

But what seems ot be happening for me is that for some reason, when I get to choose wether I want to leave the school and i.e go into town, it will not let me go up and down through the otpions to choose the various locations I can visit. Moving up and down on the analogue stick or Dpad does nothing, yet moving them up and down will move the character around. The only fix I managed to find was to map the up and down cursor keys, which worked. But is there a way to get the joypad to be able to move the location selection?

Sponsored links

That menu uses the d-pad to move between options could be a bad configuration, try using other pad plugin and maybe changing the round modes in "config > advanced" options first trying the defaults button, I doubt it but maybe speedhacks could cause that in case you're using any, if you're using the beta try enabling/disabling microVU as well I guess.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(10-19-2009, 05:48 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: That menu uses the d-pad to move between options could be a bad configuration, try using other pad plugin and maybe changing the round modes in "config > advanced" options first trying the defaults button, I doubt it but maybe speedhacks could cause that in case you're using any, if you're using the beta try enabling/disabling microVU as well I guess.

Hi and thanks for the advice Smile

I did notce when I configure the pad within Lilypad, that when I set the Dpad it uses the same axis and has the same details as the Left analogue stick. I'm pressuming thats the issue. Is it possible to have the Dpad and Left analogue stick set to different axis or is the issue with my PS2 pad converter?
It's probably because of the converter, not sure how you would be able to change that... are you sure the Dpad works as it should in other games?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(10-20-2009, 07:13 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: It's probably because of the converter, not sure how you would be able to change that... are you sure the Dpad works as it should in other games?

TBH I don't know and haven't tried it in any other games yet. I'll give it a try over the weeken, but like you mentioned it could be the actual converter. I'll try the Xbox 360 Pad which I haven't done yet as I really wanted to get the PS2 controller working especially for games like MGS3.

Thanks for the help anyways. Smile