Persona 4 battles not starting.
[Image: 2012-08-24_0218.png]

The battle never starts, it simply sits there with everyone jumping around. I believe this is only happening with one enemy, (that it wasn't happening with the first time I went through this area) Heat Balance. This is happening after I unlocked Kanji, coming back to this area to get quest items. I think this is happening with Heat Balance because I have ran around and fought the other enemies however I've never seen them.

Has anyone else experienced this?

It's probably worth mentioning that I have the MTVU speedhack enabled due to having a quad core processor and have been using savestates despite the console saying they may not be stable. I wasn't experiencing any issues so I thought it was fine.

Sponsored links

So try loading from a memory card save and see if this still occurs
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-24-2012, 08:23 AM)Renari Wrote: [Image: 2012-08-24_0218.png]

The battle never starts, it simply sits there with everyone jumping around. I believe this is only happening with one enemy, (that it wasn't happening with the first time I went through this area) Heat Balance. This is happening after I unlocked Kanji, coming back to this area to get quest items. I think this is happening with Heat Balance because I have ran around and fought the other enemies however I've never seen them.

Has anyone else experienced this?

It's probably worth mentioning that I have the MTVU speedhack enabled due to having a quad core processor and have been using savestates despite the console saying they may not be stable. I wasn't experiencing any issues so I thought it was fine.

I do not have that problem with MTVU, i just got Kanji and now i come for quest. But Heat Balance is Okie for me, i can kill him.

I used r5391
(08-24-2012, 08:39 AM)Bositman Wrote: So try loading from a memory card save and see if this still occurs

I have, and it does. I'll try going back farther since I made 6 saves and see if I can fight them at an earlier time.
Are you playing using a disc, not an ISO?
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Maybe your ISO image is bad? You could try remaking it using imgburn which is guaranteed to make a proper image
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I've had these issues before (on a PS2) when playing with a scratched disc.
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti
I'll try remaking my ISO, gotta go get PS2 stuff out of the attic. >.<

I loaded an earlier save and had no problems however I think those were different instances of the same enemy due to them having different drops.

I'll have to get back to you guys on this tomorrow, there's no light in my attic and I don't feel like going up there and digging around in the dark lol.
It's probably also worth mentioning that I was running PCSX2 through stream sending it the ISO location as argument so that it would launch the game automatically. Thus allowing me to launch PS2 games through stream and have it run that game rather than having a bunch of entries for PCSX2.

Steam seems irrelevant, it is happening with and without it so it's most likely unrelated.
So I remade my ISO today and the problem is still occurring. Would anyone be able to test if it is happening to them as well. You can find the memory cards here. You should only need the first one.

Save 8 after you start the game is the area the problem is happening. If you walk backwards and fight ground enemies on that floor it should trigger, on rare occasions it wont trigger for quite a long time. If you can't get it to happen in the above URL I've also included a savestate while standing right in front of one of the enemies that causes the problem.

If you copy that savestate to C:\Users\<user>\Documents\PCSX2\sstates and load savestate 3 it should put you standing in front of the enemy.