Persona 4 .pnach Troubles
The subject pretty much says it all, the header(idk if thats the right name to call it) for the pnach file is

gametitle=Shin Megami Tensei - Persona 4 [SLUS 21782] (U) [DE61647A]
comment=Persona 4
//[Cheat Name]
patch=1,EE,0032c220,extended,000000FF (idk if the cheat name and patch thing is needed or not, but it was in the file, so i kept it)

oxdedc3b71.pnach is the file name

im not gonna post every single code so heres just the mastercode, if anyone can tell me what im doing wrong/right this is my first crack at this and all i seem to get out of it is the console saying "No cheats found" and a humongous headache.

//Mastercode
patch=1,EE,F042FE10,extended,0042FE13

ty in advance.

Sponsored links

oxdedc3b71.pnach
that's your problem(if there's not more;P). Firstly it's not ox but 0x, and secondly it's only used as a prefix for human(and other automatic interpreters) to recognize the following number is in Hexadecimal format. It's NOT part of the number itself, and pcsx2 needs only the number. In other words, DO NOT add 0x nor any ox to the filename;].

Also "mastercode" is not needed at all, the codes starting from F/9(soo mastercodes) doesn't even work in pcsx2(and don't have to). Gametitle is not read by the pcsx2 code, you could as well just write the title itself without it;P same for cheats names, only recognized lines start from either "comment="(throws a comment to the pcsx2 log) or "patch=". the rest is there just for clarity. Well hope that gaved you some light on the format;].
(08-06-2012, 04:57 AM)miseru99 Wrote: oxdedc3b71.pnach
that's your problem(if there's not more;P). Firstly it's not ox but 0x, and secondly it's only used as a prefix for human(and other automatic interpreters) to recognize the following number is in Hexadecimal format. It's NOT part of the number itself, and pcsx2 needs only the number. In other words, DO NOT add 0x nor any ox to the filename;].

Also "mastercode" is not needed at all, the codes starting from F/9(soo mastercodes) doesn't even work in pcsx2(and don't have to). Gametitle is not read by the pcsx2 code, you could as well just write the title itself without it;P same for cheats names, only recognized lines start from either "comment="(throws a comment to the pcsx2 log) or "patch=". the rest is there just for clarity. Well hope that gaved you some light on the format;].

ox was a typo, filename is 0x. are the actual lines correct the patch= part? cause if so i dont understand why im getting "No cheats found" in every time i start up the game.
Please read again;P, I just wrote that 0x is ONLY a prefix, not part of the number which pcsx2 needs. By adding 0x to the filename you created a file which pcsx2 will not detect;3.

"The patch lines" yeah look ok, even if the cheats would be wrong it would detect them and load;P. Your first problem is filename. If the cheats will not be detected after you correct it(by deleting that 0x), check for hidden .txt extension if you hide known file extensions in your windows, and if you have the pnach in correct folder.;]
(08-06-2012, 05:21 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Please read again;P, I just wrote that 0x is ONLY a prefix, not part of the number which pcsx2 needs. By adding 0x to the filename you created a file which pcsx2 will not detect;3.

"The patch lines" yeah look ok, even if the cheats would be wrong it would detect them and load;P. Your first problem is filename. If the cheats will not be detected after you correct it(by deleting that 0x), check for hidden .txt extension if you hide known file extensions in your windows, and if you have the pnach in correct folder.;]

alright i removed the 0x and im trying again right now, wish me luck

and still 'No cheats found" i got them from codejunkies and put them through Omniconvert to RAW, so thats the only thing where they could be wrong.
Tongue Repeating myself again:
Code:
If the cheats will not be detected after you correct it(by deleting that 0x), check for hidden .txt extension if you hide known file extensions in your windows, and if you have the pnach in correct folder.;]
make sure your pnach file is inside "cheats" directory in pcsx2 folder(or C:\Users\username\Documents\PCSX2\cheats\ if you choosen soo during install?), and also that windows doesn't hide additional extension(it does that to known ones by default), couse if your file is named .pnach.txt it'll not work either;P.
(08-06-2012, 05:31 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Tongue Repeating myself again:
Code:
If the cheats will not be detected after you correct it(by deleting that 0x), check for hidden .txt extension if you hide known file extensions in your windows, and if you have the pnach in correct folder.;]
make sure your pnach file is inside "cheats" directory in pcsx2 folder(or C:\Users\username\Documents\PCSX2\cheats\ if you choosen soo during install?), and also that windows doesn't hide additional extension(it does that to known ones by default), couse if your file is named .pnach.txt it'll not work either;P.

its in the cheats file, under file type it says PNACH File. the only thing i can think of is if the codes are for a different version of the game.

i just got another set of the codes, im converting to AR MAX to Unencrypted correct?
Cheats detection have nothing to do with wrong version or stuff like that. They would still load, they would still work, just mess your game or give no effect.;]
If pcsx2 cannot find the cheats(and you for sure have at least 1 which would be detected), it's filename or it's location. Only those two things. I'm tired to explain step by step and my windows isn't even in english to begin with;P, soo good luck. I bet it's just hidden .txt xD. Heh.
(08-06-2012, 05:46 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Cheats detection have nothing to do with wrong version or stuff like that. They would still load, they would still work, just mess your game or give no effect.;]
If pcsx2 cannot find the cheats(and you for sure have at least 1 which would be detected), it's filename or it's location. Only those two things. I'm tired to explain step by step and my windows isn't even in english to begin with;P, soo good luck. I bet it's just hidden .txt xD. Heh.

i think i figured it out.... its .pnach.pnach lol

corrected that

WOOOT Cheats Found!!!!!!!!