Persona 4 sound is really good with latest dec8th exe
To fix the combat crash, try going to Advanced settings and change EE to Chop/Zero.

Sponsored links

May I ask what graphics renderer you guys are using? I've tried ZeroGS and the quality is superb, but the framerates are low 25-30ish. With GSdx 872m SSE2, I render in native res., windowed, with PixelShader 2.0. Using this render gives me decent to moderate framerates, but the Main character jerks around the game when moving, and the scene flickers (probably due to VU Skipping?). Does changing pixel shaders and SSE2 / SSE3 improve/change performance? Did you see framerate increases when moving to a different PCSX2 build? MTGS yes/no?

Here's a rundown of what i've used.
PCSX2 Playground 1.0.0395 save ver: 7a300010
EE pc offset: 0x2a8, PSX pc offset: 0x208
x86Init:
CPU vender name = GenuineIntel
FamilyID = 6
x86Family = Intel® Core™2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz
CPU speed = 2.638 Ghz
RAM 2GB 800

I'm hoping to help try different settings and provide feedback on what works as well.

Edit:
Well I turned on Flush to Zero and Decimals are Zero in Advanced > VU RECS OPTIONS
With my previous settings in Gdsx, PixelShader2.0, native, etc, and I now get 110% constant frame rates (with VU Skip). Text renders, there's significantly less artifacts, and the gameplay is smooth(er) (no jerking around). This is just in the house though.

I'll report on stability as I go. I had the hang in the dream sequence earlier. In P3FES, what I did was save state every combat sequence and then never attacked the front right enemy. (There's only one guy in the dream sequence so we'll have to figure something else out).
I've got it running near perfect at about 1.5 hours in. Only issue is some minor texture glitches. Here's the settings I'm using:

Advanced - EE Recs: Roundmode = Chop/Zero, Flush to Zero, Denormals checked. VU Recs: Chop/Zero, Flush and Denormals Checked

Graphics - GSdx 1.12 SSSE3 (No interlacing, other settings on default or whatever your renderer and rez are)

Sound - ZeroSPU2 0.4.6, Time Scaling and Real Time checked

Speed Hacks - Click "Speed"

This is with Playground 1.0.0395.

CPU = E2180 @ 3.0 ghz
4gb RAM
XFX 8800GT
Vista Ultimate x64

Like I said, runs almost perfect. Very little stutter, combat works fine (The dream battle actually ran at a full 60fps), decent FPS, just a few minor texture bugs.
I have the NTSC too, and had the exact same issue with the dream sequence. I explained it all in a post above if you want to know more.
Thumbs Up 
Indeed tozlink, thanks for the tip. Setting EE Recs to chop/zero did the trick.

Game running full speed with most optimizations enabled+gdsx dx10
Yea everything is running great and smooth now. I also get texture errors where people's undershirts render through their coats, and girls' legs render through their skirts. Stuff like that. Is there any way to fix this or should I just let it be?
Yes, using ZeroGS.
Btw i found that turning all the speed hacks off helped even more than with any on lol.