Persona3 fes sudden frame drops after ssd upgrade
Here are some shots with cpuz and open hardware monitor:
after flickering max fps=55-57
https://www.dropbox.com/s/be6n1ltqgt89gb...812%29.png
after closing and reopening gs window max fps=70
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3r2006ldx55qt...815%29.png

The only big changes i see are gs and vu but i don't know what they mean.
As you can see by the GPU load, the 620m is still used.

I think its a plugin thing so i will try some changes. But this really happened after changing from HDD to SDD(re installing pcsx2).

Still grateful for any help.

Sponsored links

Do you use the same pcsx2 version as before?
Do you use speedhacks?
(06-24-2014, 12:29 AM)refraction Wrote: 85c is WAY too high for a CPU, if you swapped those 2 around that would be normal yes.

a ceiling for Intel CPU's should be no higher than 70C ideally, for GPU's they can handle up to 90-100c reasonably safely, although it may bugger the solder up on the board, which is why i dont like stock coolers.

Depends on the CPU. In this instance for his CPU it most likely is.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
Yeah i just realised it's a laptop. Clean out those fans, although i'm surprised this didn't happen before, laptops are not designed for emulators.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Most laptops aren't, but there are some laptops that can handle heavy gaming and emulation, the Clevo P150EM is one of them, but sure, you need a much more powerful CPU than an i5 2410M for most games to run properly.

Just as an example, my i7 3920XM (a high-end laptop CPU, which costs US$ 400) is just about as powerful as a Desktop's i5 3550 (a mid-range Desktop CPU which costs US$ 220) and of course, gets very hot when you try to mess with overclock, but it can run emulation just about fine @ 60C and 10~25% CPU usage.

I previously had an i5 3210M and damn, that thing was slow... But the main difference was that it NEVER reached over 60C, while I can get 80C quite easily with the i7 3920XM when the CPU is at 100%. There is indeed something wrong with the fans of your computer (check the dust filter), or the cooling system just sucks (then it's better to give up), that's not a normal temperature for a mobile i5.

Most CPUs are designed to underclock when overheating and that's most likely the cause, as many people have already said before.
I under clocked the cpu so the temp is max 60°C and it still happens.

laptop is just some months old and i cleaned the fans just recently, when i put the ssd in.
It got so hot before putting the ssd in and it didn't happen.

I stress tested it with prime numbers and very cpu hungry games for hours, with turbo enabled, at 80°C and no hiccups.

Only pcsx2 is acting up.
So i don't think it's a heat problem.

I think it has something to do with the gs plugin because closing and reopening the gs window solves the slowdown.

I changed from ss4 to sss3 and ss2 and it still happens.
I re installed pcsx2: not working

Speedhacks i use are the default ones + mtvu
i don't know exactly which version i used but i'm pretty sure it was the same but i will try other versions of pcsx2 and if that doesn't work, I will try to make a hotkey script that closes and reopens the gs window by pressing the PS button on my controller or something

I'm still open for suggestions. Thanks Smile
Have you set your power profile in windows to "high performance" or "maximum performance"?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Yes high performance.