Phantasy Star Universe
I have an official iso of Phantasy Star Universe and i want to emulate it into my laptop, i downloaded the official pcsx2 app and i have a legal bios with me, pcsx2 run in my laptop but when i tried to open Phantasy Star Universe.iso here is an image of the error.

[Image: Untitled_zps08caf888.png]

Sponsored links

first off what are your pc specs? ( if your not sure what they are use the links in my sig, the programs are free and when your done with them you can just delete them Smile )

secondly have you installed the latest vcredistributable from here? ( hint click on the highlighted green text links Smile )

and lastly post your emulog.txt
emulog.txt is located either in My documents/PCSX2/logs if you used the installer, or PCSX2/logs if you downloaded the binary (mine is in C:\Users\dave\Documents\PCSX2\logs )
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
Woa! weird, i installed DirectX and the Emulator WORKED! woa! i finally got the answer to the legendary error even Google Itself has given up upon Laugh thank you dr emulator for replying, you gave me hint XD
ye i should have added that Blush

ohwell glad i could help in a sort of way Biggrin

and for anyone who wants a link here's the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer and the DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2011) click on the green text to download, the links are direct from microsoft, not from some dodgy website Smile
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

so far im new to PS2 emulation,the game is kinda pixelated the game run SLOW, slow-motion x100 i mean its too slow i cant even walk XD. is there a suggested emulation setting for better performance? all the settings are in default
below is my GPU and CPU

[Image: untitled_zpseb107f9b.gif]

[Image: Untitled_zps0d2c1466.png]
sorry i didn't reply quicker Blush

hm you could try to apply some speed hacks ? theirs some guides around here somewhere

to get to the speed hacks go to config (emulators start screen) then on the drop down menu click emulator settings go to the speedhacks tab. In there, check the box that says Enable MTVU. Also move the left most slider to position 2. Try that. If that doesn't get you enough speed, try pushing the right slider to position 1 or 2, but that may give you fake frames per second
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

For a Major Boost in Performance
  • Change Power Plan to High Performance.
  • Make sure you have all your Drivers Up-to-Date.
  • Close any other Softwares/Windows running when using PCSX2.
  • Try different configurations for different games, you need to experiment it yourself and find the right setting for each game.
  • In most cases unchecking the "Show Console" under "Misc" can be very helpfull and reduces chances of slowdowns.
  • Its best to disable any Real time applications running in the background such as Anti-viruses. Any other unused processes in the background can be terminated with the Task Manager, but be really carefull with this.
  • Try lower resolution at GSdx settings (check "Native resolution", or, try custom resolution of 256x256 just to see how if affects speed - it WILL look ugly though).
  • Try different direct3d renderers (eg: direct3d9, direct3d10, direct3d11, See which works best for you).
[Image: cloudstrife696.png]  
 [Image: sig.gif]
IM GIVING YOU TWO +REPS!!
DAMN THE GAME IS RUNNING SO FAST NOW ITS LIKE IM PLAYING IN PLAYSTATION 2.
UH, BUT IT IS STILL PIXELATED THO xD
witha that weak machine, you can't have good performances + HD graphics.
unfortunately, you have to make a choice.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-13-2014, 06:35 PM)jesalvein Wrote: witha that weak machine, you can't have good performances + HD graphics.
unfortunately, you have to make a choice.

yea it is a weak machine its from a junkbox after all, still im happy i can play playstation 2 games.