Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Play game from file?
Hey, I am new to PCSX2, kind of. I have been following this for a long time. But just recently got a pc that could run it.

My question, how(if its possible) can I run a game strait from a file? Not a ISO or any thing like that. I put a game on my pc by going to the dvd drive, selecting all and copying it to a folder on my pc. Ever thing is intact (I used a software that lets you copy copy-protected DVDs).

And yes, this is a legal game that I own, I just rather keep it on my pc.

Thanks.

Sponsored links

No it has to be iso format or dvd in your dvd drive
q6600 OC @ 3.3Ghz, 4gb ddr2 ram, nvidia gtx 260, 2x 1 tb hard disk
(04-23-2009, 06:10 PM)Sothh Wrote: Hey, I am new to PCSX2, kind of. I have been following this for a long time. But just recently got a pc that could run it.

My question, how(if its possible) can I run a game strait from a file? Not a ISO or any thing like that. I put a game on my pc by going to the dvd drive, selecting all and copying it to a folder on my pc. Ever thing is intact (I used a software that lets you copy copy-protected DVDs).

And yes, this is a legal game that I own, I just rather keep it on my pc.

Thanks.
You can't do that. Most of the contents of games are hidden and not selectable from the windows explorer. You need to use a program like imgburn,nero etc to create an iso image of your game for it to be usable from anything (including PCSX2)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Try These Programmes and Burn Image of Your Game.

ImgBurn
UltraISO
MagicISO
CDR-Win

Guide How To Create ISO(Image) of your Files with Website's own ISO Creating Utility.

[Image: devilmaycry4wallpaper09.png]
Ok, my bad.

Thanks.
Alcohol 120% and UltraISO are up to you Laugh
How do I play the game from the ISO I burned?
Use the Linuz plugin and select the ISO file you made from within the plugin's config menu. After you've done that, go to the PCSX2 main window and hit Run->Execute
http://www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Run->Execute should only be used for running the bios or resuming emulation after you've pressed escape. Use File->Run CD/DVD
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-24-2009, 08:04 PM)Bositman Wrote: Run->Execute should only be used for running the bios or resuming emulation after you've pressed escape. Use File->Run CD/DVD

Oh. I've always done it that way and never had any problems. Have I just been getting lucky?
http://www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.