Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing N64 in HD
Information 
I recommend the Project64 emulator. If you use a different emulator, I can help you, because all I have is Project64.
Download Project64 v1.6 Now

You will need at least a 2.0GHz CPU, and a decent GPU. Make sure you're using Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 graphics plugin. Here is the configuration...

Windowed Resolution: (Whatever you want.)
Full Screen Resolution: (Your screen's native resolution.)
Full Screen Sync: Transfer Memory
Anisotropic filtering: Off
Full-Scene Antialiasing: 8X
Brightness: (Whatever you want.)
Super2xSal textures: (On/off as needed.)
Always use texture filter: (On/off as needed.)
Hide Advanced Settings: Off

Now run any N64 ROM, and enter full-screen mode with Alt+Enter (or Options -> Full Screen).
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! You are now playing the N64 in HD!!!!!Biggrin

Note: Do NOT ask me where to get N64 ROMs!

Sponsored links

Well, there is no need to post some special settings for emulator, for me it just run and play Tongue
Yes, but those are the settings to play it in HD.Tongue
HD is kinda pointless for N64. Decade and a half old, blocky graphics with high AA applied are still decade and a half old, blocky graphics...

At least with the PS2 the graphics were, and still are for some games, at a high level of quality and upscaling the resolution to HD actually makes a difference/sense.
http://www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Well, Yoshi's Story in HD is worth giving a shot Wink
(05-28-2009, 08:04 PM)nosound.97 Wrote: Well, Yoshi's Story in HD is worth giving a shot Wink

Yeah, and Super Mario 64 too!Tongue
Super Mario 64 is too squared, I won't try it at all. Too many squares even with AA!
(05-28-2009, 08:36 PM)nosound.97 Wrote: Super Mario 64 is too squared, I won't try it at all. Too many squares even with AA!

AA is just smooths edges.Tongue
MMM N64 its an old cosole compared to the ps2,its something like playstation 1 vs playstation 3Laugh
(05-29-2009, 03:18 AM)diegochiha Wrote: MMM N64 its an old cosole compared to the ps2,its something like playstation 1 vs playstation 3Laugh

Well the PS1 is 32-Bit, N64 is 64-Bit.Tongue