Playing on PC without admin rights!
Hello there,

I've used the search function and read my way through most of the threads but havent found my specific issue , so i hope it is okay if i ask this in a new thread.

First of all thanks for sharing this software for free. I used it on my Pc back when i had one working.

I'm gonna try to make this as short as possible:

Situation:
I dont have a PC. I'm a student. I have lots of time at University. I wanna play it on the PC's at University. I don't have any admin rights or the option to install anything on the computer.
Installing the pcsx2 bundle from the thread on my usb stick worked. The C++ bundle wanted to install on the pc itself but that obviously didnt work , due to the facts given above.
If i wanna start pcsx2 i get the msvcp120.dll missing error.

Questions:
Is there a bundle which includes those dll?
Is it dangerous to download single dlls to fix the specific error?
If both no: is it even possible that i play it on these computers?

Thanks alrdy,

have a good one!

Sponsored links

Probably not because PCSX2 will need the C++ runtimes, then GSDX will need DirectX to be there, so if you cannot install C++, you cannot install DirectX either, so i think you might be out of luck unless you can work out the DLL's you need.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thank you for the fast answer ! ( i searched in the main partition for directx and it seems like there is some sort of directx installed)

so if i may ask: any trusted website u could recommend me downloading single dlls?
The Top most link which comes up might be more reliable but, getting individual DLL files is not recommended at most cases. it would be better if you try to gain admin rights instead.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
You could try installing an OS on your flash drive, booting from it, and loading PCSX2 through that Smile

Alternatively you might want to look into ways of making a hidden admin account or abusing safe mode (supposing only the account is locked) to do it. Keep in mind that school hardware may be old (i don't know the state of your uni's computers) and certain installations may fail, either due to aged hardware or aged software. In my case, i couldn't install programs because all of them denied to work on XP without at least SP1. Updating their OS made all computers break except for one so go figure..
Well, on my school computer I could gain admin rights with this (and a screwdriver to open the case so that I could reset BIOS password to boot from USB)

If you cannot though, you can just drop these dlls (+vs2012 one) in the game/pcsx2 folder
thanks for all the answers.

when i add the folder u gave me, i get the same error that msvcr120.dll is missing.

gaining admin rights didnt work either.

although i have it installed on my laptop. it works and i have kinda solid 50 fps running final fantasy X. But assoon as i enter a battle the frames drop to 38/s.
animation even cause a bigger fps drop. im not that sure what to change in the setting to fix that. It should work, when i have solid 50 fps during the normal gameplay except battles? or am I wrong?!
thx for all the answers alrdy
What's your laptop specs?
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(06-01-2015, 01:26 PM)Synt Wrote: although i have it installed on my laptop. it works and i have kinda solid 50 fps running final fantasy X. But assoon as i enter a battle the frames drop to 38/s.
animation even cause a bigger fps drop. im not that sure what to change in the setting to fix that. It should work, when i have solid 50 fps during the normal gameplay except battles? or am I wrong?!
thx for all the answers alrdy

please provide your emulog and screenshot of all of your pcsx2 settings along with the EE and GS values during slowdowns.

on the other hand, please set windows performance plan to high performance and play the game while plugged in.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
i posted it, twice.. cause i didnt see the spam filter message and thought i did something wrong.

i posted the log and the screenshots. Now a moderator only has to allow the post to show up Smile