Playing with an HDMI connection through an LCD TV
Hello guys.. seems like I know now the problem why my pcsx2 emulator runs slow.. apparently, when I try to run the emulator while my laptop is pluuged in to my LCD tv.. it slows down.. but when I try to play with only the laptop monitor as the output, it maintains it 60fps speed...

anyone of you guys encountered this problem also??

Sponsored links

Try disabling Vsync on your graphics card control panel
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-11-2012, 12:36 PM)Bositman Wrote: Try disabling Vsync on your graphics card control panel

here's my graphics card control panel.. can't seem to find VSYNC

[Image: Z2TcI.jpg]
It's the Wait for vertical refresh
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-11-2012, 12:56 PM)Bositman Wrote: It's the Wait for vertical refresh

hmmm, it's actually turned off sir..
Make sure the only screen running when hooked up via HDMI is the TV. Your Laptop may not be able to handle running both screens.

If you are cloning the screen or extending it , it may put unnecessary strain on the computer.

Also play around with your performance settings, trial and error may be key to finding the solution.
(04-11-2012, 01:05 PM)Mr.Bonkers Wrote: Make sure the only screen running when hooked up via HDMI is the TV. Your Laptop may not be able to handle running both screens.

If you are cloning the screen or extending it , it may put unnecessary strain on the computer.

Also play around with your performance settings, trial and error may be key to finding the solution.

I think this window is responsible for the sudden slow-down..
[Image: XfLPg.jpg]
any tips??

also.. display is only on the lcd tv..
performance is on maximum..
Maybe try turning off going into fullscreen on game start.

Instead use "Alt+Enter" to go into fullscreen
i had similar issue when hooking up to my 1080p display, even with laptop screen off it seemed too much to run windows aero at 1080p and PCSX2 at 2x, so i put PCSX2 at 1200x675 (25% less then my laptops native) and it worked fine (with FXAA, the page up key, it looked great)+^_^+ if your on a 1080p tv, try putting your PCSX2 native at 1360x720 and lower and see if that does anythingm otherwise i have no other suggestions+^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.
not to burst your bubble but dnt you think that a laptop isnt powerful enough to run its operating system AND an emulator and on top of that do multiple screens or do an HD output.
I mean unless you have that thousand dollar laptop I wouldnt expect that much out of it. But it seems like its only the LCD display doing it. For that, you'd have to realize something, its a laptop, it isnt designed to be hooked up like that, its been designed for its built in display. Which should already be an LCD display. I really dont understand why you would do that.
(OS:Win7_64bit ULTIMATE) (M4a88TD-M asus mobo)
[Processor:AMD AthlonII x4 645 3.720ghz(OC)Quadcore]
VideoCard-[ATIradeon5750(OC) 850mhz 2GB
RAM-[DDR3-4GB Matched RAM w/ Heat Spreaders]HYperX BLU
cpu-cooler- H60 closed loop water cooling.