Playing with .bz/ compressed files?
I saw that linux iso plugin can create compressed files... but can it play them? I compressed one and it won't "see" it when I try to select it from the list.
i5 520m :: ATI 5650 (700, 900) :: Samsun 830 128GB SSD:: 8GB (2x4GB) RAM

Sponsored links

it must be "image" compressed file like iso for example
How would I make it that way? Trying to save as much space as I can...
well there is compressed iso format that also work try it
and use img burn as aprgram or ultra iso they can detect the dvd and find nice way to compresse it
edit : just notice linuz iso plugin only play them dont make them use img burn or ultra iso as program
I have the iso's already pulled and on my harddrive. Could I use image burn to compress them?
I see it doesn't. I'll try magiciso.
Yeah I guess it just won't play compressed isos... oh well.
nooooooo only dvd or cd
no one will do that you probably downloaded one and want to compress it will just forget it
if you have a dvd \cd or even files it will hapen but already made iso wont be compressed even if you do it will damage it
Well I know with Wii/Gamecube you can compress them and save quite a lot of space (around 400MB/game) and all it does is remove the garbage that they put in to keep the games all the same size or something like that.

Wouldn't it be possible to do that? I don't know how it works...
well compressed iso format dose that just in the first place make it .isz which is compressed iso format
If you compress an ISO using Linuz Iso CDVD, only the plugin itself can read them. It works well and gives good compression. You just can't use it from the main CDVD -> ISO selector menu, and have to use the plugin itself to access the image.

Also, if you want to revert the compressed image to normal ISO file again, only the plugin can do it since it uses a proprietary compression method that standard tools can't decompress.

BTW, another option would be to make windows use the compressed folder option (thx to Air for reminding me). Never used it myself for ISO files but I imagine it should be reasonably good.