Please Help PSCX2 Issues
Hey guys i need some help as pretty soon I am going to pull every last bit of hair out of my head. I am trying to get PCSX2 running on my computer, which it does fine during menus and intro videos. The minute actual gameplay starts the FPS drops to 10-15 and that is it with poor video performance and audio performance. My specs are

Win 7 64
Intel Core 2 Quad @2.66 GHZ 2.67 GHZ
8 MB DDR3 Ram
ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series 1GB DDR3 Graphics Card (Part# R5450-MD1GD3H/LP)

To the best of my knowledge all drivers are updated and everything should be working. Please help! Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

which game ?
Pcsx2 version ? Pcsx2 settings ? Plugins settings ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Sorry it is

PCSX0.9.8
Settings i have tried all of the GPU plugins even the speedhacks to no avail
otherwise the setting are right out of the box.

Have tried it on multiple game 007 Agent under Fire, 24 The game, Socom 2, on and on pretty much any PS2 game i have.
since you have a quad core, give a try to latest svn with mtvu hack : http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
try to overclock too, since your CPU may hold you a bit (2.6-7 Ghz isn't enough for many games)
I tried the hack and it actually bumped my FPS up to about 24. However sound and video still lagged to much to be playable.

Also i thought in a quad core system 2.6 GHz was a standard? However I have been out of the computer game for a while so the whole quad core thing still messes with my head.

Also Im not being lazy and fully intend to do a google search however I would appreciate any tips on overclocking my cpu as I have never delved deep into this.

Thanks!
it's a standard, but pcsx2 require really more than this for many games.
dunno much about overclocking, though...