Please Help: Ratchet and Clank
Hey, I'm currently trying to get Ratchet and Clank started, doesn't work yet though. Sad

It doesn't even get me in the game - just to the point where I am supposed to press "start". Doesn't work to actually press start neither with keyboard nor with my controller and additionally at that point I just got ~8 fps..

I got Windows 8, PCSX2 1.1.0 (Europe BIOS rom) and an Acer Aspire 5820TG (Intel Core i3 2x2.13 ghz; ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 1 gb; 4 gb ram).

I'm aware that I probably do not use the most efficient configurations for my pc respectively that game in particular. My point is, that despite of any different configuration settings I tried so far, I never came further than the point described before.

I attached a screenshot of my plugin settings (which are the standart ones as far as I remember. If you need any further details/information please let me know and I'll answer as good as possible. Smile

Can somebody help me please?
Regards, EnfanTerrible.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

have you configured lilypad?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

No, not yet. I'm just working through the PCSX2 configuration guide at the moment. Only changing to SSE4.1 and Direct3D 10 (Hardware) seem to have improved the fps to ~9 so I guess I'll keep using that thread. Nice one it is indeed.

Why do you mention especially lilypad? Configurating it will maybe solve my problem?
yes, you have to tell the emulator what buttons you want to use as your control pad, so lilypad needs configuring before you start Tongue

Ah, thanks. I'll do that.

Edit: Uh, stupid me.. works now, although I really have to work on the other settings, the game is quite slow at the moment..
Bye the way... the only R&C games that work on pcsx2 (for now) are
R&C 5 - Size Matters, and R&C 6 Secret Agent Clank.

The ethers have severe slowdown and graphical problems.
An eternity of midnights...
No they aren't...

What do you mean?
An eternity of midnights...
All the ps2 ratchet and clank games work just fine in software mode "F9".However you will need a pretty good processor to get good speeds.
^ that's what i mean ;p