Please add "Display Full screen resolution" option setting
Ok, i have two monitor. One is 14" Lcd and another one is 42" HD TV. Usually i use my 14" (1024 x 768) for web browsing or do some job, 42" HD TV (1920 x 1080) for gaming. I use dolphin emu for example, it include the option of Full screen resolution to let you set (640 x 480 to 2048 x 1536) Note: is full screen display res, not window mode res like PCSX2 have...
I set dolphin emu full screen display res to 1920 x 1080 , when the game is launch as full screen , it automatic change the WIN XP resolution 1024 x 768 to 1920 x 1080, what i need to do just switch off 14" lcd monitor and switch on 42" HD TV to play, When close the game, it auto change back to 1024 x 768 (my win xp display res setting), is pretty easy.

Each time when play PCSX2 or after gaming i need to go win xp control panel change resolution by my self. This is annoying.

Sponsored links

Do yourself a favour and upgrade to an operating system that handles multiple displays more efficiently (In XP most of it was handled by the display driver)
Doesn't it go fullscreen on the big screen if you open PCSX2 in there or drag the window there?
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
use extended desktop and set the primary to the tv with it's resolution and the secondary to your 1k resolution. ofc you have to maually throw windows into the small bucket iff so but iirc if the primary is off the driver switches them automaticly (for that case you just wanna surf and the tv is not running).

ohh... and the thing with the manual resolution rollback is probably a xp issue. as it seems to work just fine on 7.
I use dual monitors and I see no issues with pcsx2 at all, like sqaull said it must be an OS issue.
Gsdx will scale to your current resolution when you press alt enter (no matter what monitor pcsx2 is on), This is a lot better then having to set a resolution and forcing the display to change, plus monitors now are made to be kept at their native resolutions for the best display I don't see a point in using a lower resolution.
Sorry my bad english, try my best to make you guys understand...

Example for dolphin emu (I have no problem with dolphin emu)
1) For my 14" lcd monitor, my win xp current display setting are 1024 x 768, (my 14" lcd monitor didnt support 1080p, if i set win xp display to 1080p it get black screen)

2) Dolphin emu gui section have one display setting for full screen res, i set it to 1920 x 1080.
[Image: dolphin.jpg]
when i launch the game, my win xp current setting 1024 x 768 automatic switch to 1080p, 14" lcd monitor turn to black screen, my 42" hd tv have shown up the "1080p" signal.

3) When i close the game it automatic switch back from 1920 x 1080 to my win xp current setting 1024 x 768.

My point is, every time when play dophin emu, i no need go to win xp CONTROL PANEL change display setting. The emu is helping switching for me.

Example For PCSX2 emu
1) As i say from above my win xp current display setting are 1024 x 768.

2) After lauch a game, even i press Alt + Enter switch to full screen , my hd tv didnt get 1080p signal, it still shown as 1024 x 768. Is kind of blurry and my 42" tv wont allow me adjust color, sharpness etc... because my 42" tv didnt support 1024 x 768.

3) To get 1080p on my HD TV, each time play PCSX2, i need to go win xp control panel change res to 1920 x 1080 by my self.

4) When finish using PCSX2, i need to go win xp control panel change res from 1920 x 1080 back to 1024 x 768 by my self again.

If you guys have play dolphin emu, you will know what i m talking about.

if you want you could use the older gsdx9 versions they had a resolution switcher built in, as you can see that option is obsolete now though.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSdx
see under previous versions look for GSdx9 0.11.4
Config->Emulation Settings->GS Window->Custom Window Size. Then in the same panel also check 'default to fullscreen mode on open'
[Image: newsig.jpg]
For various reasons we ditched plugin controlled (exclusive) full screen.
Can't say how hard it is to bring it back at this stage.
(02-20-2012, 11:01 AM)hyakki Wrote: if you want you could use the older gsdx9 versions they had a resolution switcher built in, as you can see that option is obsolete now though.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSdx
see under previous versions look for GSdx9 0.11.4

Yeah, this is what i meanBiggrin, but the problem is version GSdx9 0.11.4 had very seriously texture missing issue. Why remove that option on latest version?

(02-20-2012, 11:14 AM)Bositman Wrote: Config->Emulation Settings->GS Window->Custom Window Size. Then in the same panel also check 'default to fullscreen mode on open'
No, i have try this before, my hd tv still shown as 1024 x 768, what you are did only streching windows size.