Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please can someone tell me how to overclock my cpu?
I have an amd phenom II X6 1055T.
and an asus m4n68t-m v2, please if you know about in the bios how to overclock, please give me a tutorial, I would be very greatful.

Oh and i also have a very good cooler, when my computer is idle the core temperature is 17C. Which according the speedfan is a low temperature.

My processor speed atm is 2.80Ghz i'd probably like it to go to 3.50Ghz.

Cooler: arctic freezer rev2 pro v7, or something like that lol cant really remember the name of it Biggrin

Sponsored links

17c seems a little unrealisticly low. You might wanna check other programs and see if they read higher. Check with CoreTemp or HWMonitor. For the sake of safety, you should consider going by the highest temp.

Read this. It should help you. Smile
[Image: temperatures.png]

This is my temperatures while running an intensive pcsx2 game and msn
Merkieman, you live in Antarctica or something?
No Lol, UK northern Ireland, so yeah pretty cold, well no actually, it was 10 degrees or so here today max.
Honestly, thats the temperatures I get when im running pcsx2 with dynasty warriors 3(menus i think) and msn, daemon tools as u can see.
use another program, speedfun sucks on reading temps.

try aida64
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
^^^ Exactly. I can say it seems spot on with the GPU, but...

[Image: comparetempmonitors.png]
Well, I've had absolutely no experience with overclocking and I suppose will need to do some research on it.
^^ Good call. Smile
But, if only there was an absolute noob tut out there so i could really understand it well and easily, that site is pretty complicated but I bet it does cover overclocking well