Please help
First off, i'm new to the ps2 emulation scene, anyway I have been trying to play FFX. I have followed many guides, and my emulator is configured to the best possible settings that I have found so far, yet i'm still running anywhere between 40-60fps, as you all know this can be intolerable with anything below 45fps. The only thing I can think of to speed up my fps would be to change from Direct3d9 to Direct3d10/11. Here however is the problem, when I open the menu it only shows Direct3d9 even though I have Direct3d11 installed and fully updated. Please help me, thank you

Sponsored links

My system specs are as follows:

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 250u processor (2 CPUs), ~1.6Ghz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
I can play games at lower than 40 and it still doesn't bother me(of course if it's a game that you must adjust your timing it will be bad)

What are your pc specs
Edit:That pc is too weak for pcsx2 and it's already a miracle to get that speed.
(02-09-2013, 12:23 AM)vsub Wrote: I can play games at lower than 40 and it still doesn't bother me(of course if it's a game that you must adjust your timing it will be bad)

What are your pc specs
Edit:That pc is too weak for pcsx2 and it's already a miracle to get that speed.

I don't understand how it would be to slow....FFX works flawlessly except for when I go into a battle then it slows down to 40-45 fps
In battle there are more moving things and effects so it's normal to require more power and since you don't have it,the game runs slower.

Also enabling some of the speed hacks may result in false fps reading...it may show something but to actually be slower
(02-09-2013, 12:35 AM)vsub Wrote: In battle there are more moving things and effects so it's normal to require more power and since you don't have it,the game runs slower.

Also enabling some of the speed hacks may result in false fps reading...it may show something but to actually be slower

Yes this is true but my game does work fine...no stuttering audio, no noticeable lagg when walking around/talking to people/ things like that, but as soon as i enter a battle i get this annoying fps drop. Also I am not using any speedhacks.
Yes,as I said,that's normal.
Battles require more from your pc than when you walk around.

You can try the recommended speed hacks but if I remember correctly,they are enabled by default.

Look,the more movable things are on the screen or the bigger the visible part is,the slower the game will become

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-09-2013, 12:51 AM)vsub Wrote: Yes,as I said,that's normal.
Battles require more from your pc than when you walk around.

You can try the recommended speed hacks but if I remember correctly,they are enabled by default.

Look,the more movable things are on the screen or the bigger the visible part is,the slower the game will become

Is there any possible way i could speed it up just a tiny bit I mean the game is not unbearable i'm playing it right now it would just be a lot better if I could increase it just a couple fps.
1.Try some speed hacks but don't go overboard because some may give you negative effect
2.Play from image(not from the disk)
3.Try frame skipping but the frame skipping feature is kinda bad.

There is nothing else you can do except buying better pc or play on your PS2
Try disabling allow 8 bit textures option in gsdx, it should help