Please help!
Star 
Last year (2013) I played and finished the Kingdom Hearts I AND II game in my computer in 60FPS. So, this summer I said: "Hey, why don't i play KH II once more?" However, when I tried playing it in PCSX2 0.9.8 version I got 40-50 FPS. Then, I tried playing it in PCSX2 1.0.0 and then PCSX2 1.2.1 version but I get the same FPS every single time. Why can't my computer play it well all of a sudden? BTW, my PC specs are:

I've got Windows 7 Home Premium and:

Intel Core i5 CPU M 480 @2.67 GHz ~2.7 GHz
3072 RAM memory
DirectX11 (For a reason PCSX2 thinks i got 3D10 in Video settings?)
GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5165

FOR A REASON, IT CAN'T PLAY IT THAT WELL ANYMORE! I'VE ENABLED SPEEDHACKS TOO, BUT IT'S THE SAME!
PLZ HELP!!! THIS GAME'S AWESOME! THANKS!Blink

Sponsored links

MAYBE BECAUSE YOU DIDNT SET WINDOWS POWER PLAN IN PERFORMANCE MODE ?

Laugh

Quote:DirectX11 (For a reason PCSX2 thinks i got 3D10 in Video settings?)
because your GPU doesn't support directx 11
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
AND YOU SHOULD CONNECT THE POWER PLUG OF YOUR NOTEBOOK.
MAYBE BECAUSE YOU DIDNT SET WINDOWS POWER PLAN IN PERFORMANCE MODE ?

Laugh

Oh no no no, I did, but it still has the same problem. I should also mention that my laptop's fan gets overheated for a reason when playing... maybe because I use it too much or maybe because my battery needs replacement.
But i don't know if that could affect the way I G-A-M-E Laugh
(07-23-2014, 02:29 PM)DOOM Wrote: Oh no no no, I did, but it still has the same problem. I should also mention that my laptop's fan gets overheated for a reason when playing... maybe because I use it too much or maybe because my battery needs replacement.
But i don't know if that could affect the way I G-A-M-E Laugh
Simple : to avoid a meltdown, your CPU gets throttled down automatically.
Hence the impact on your performances.
Overheating will throttle down your cpu/gpu which will result in performance loss. If you really have a heat problem you should clean your fans.
(07-23-2014, 02:38 PM)willkuer Wrote: Overheating will throttle down your cpu/gpu which will result in performance loss. If you really have a heat problem you should clean your fans.

Thanks but, how can I clean it? Clean it myself? If so, with what? I've heard there are fan coolers in the market but are they gona' stop the whole thing? Like 100%? Wacko
no. they're gonna limit the whole thing. But that could be enough to get better performances.

you can clean your laptop by opening the whole case and using a dry air buster to get rid of the dust.

Now keep in mind that when using pcsx2 on a laptop, you're asking it to perform cpu-demanding tasks it wasn't made for. the problems you're encountering are kinda expected.
(07-23-2014, 03:02 PM)jesalvein Wrote: no. they're gonna limit the whole thing. But that could be enough to get better performances.

you can clean your laptop by opening the whole case and using a dry air buster to get rid of the dust.

Now keep in mind that when using pcsx2 on a laptop, you're asking it to perform cpu-demanding tasks it wasn't made for. the problems you're encountering are kinda expected.

So it's not a battery problem? And if I clean it, my computer will perform better when playing games... Right?
(07-23-2014, 03:11 PM)DOOM Wrote: So it's not a battery problem?
no. But windows will throttle down your CPU performances when running on batteries in order to save power.
Quote:And if I clean it, my computer will perform better when playing games... Right?
It will prevent your laptop from overheating too much and thus will prevent your CPU from throttling itself down.