Please help: God of War
Hey everybody,

I'm new to PCSX2. I got it so I could go back and play all the PS2 games I missed out on. The first game I tried to play was God of War 1, but I am having trouble getting it to work properly. I am running PCSX2 0.9.6, basically as it comes default. I tried adjusting the Speed Hacks, but to no avail. The game suffers from choppy animation/low FPS.

Would somebody please recommend to me an optimum configuration, or some patch/mod/revision that may help? For your information, here are my system specs:

Operating system: Windows Visa Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo CPU T5550 @1.83 GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTS

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may provide.

Sponsored links

getting latest beta from home page may help
but with that weak cpu, that weak GPU, and that very demanding game, don't expect miracles.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Aw. I thought my graphics card was pretty good at 512 MB. The processor is lackluster, but I heard PCSX2 supported dual threading, so I thought maybe it would be okay.
it does.
but your cpu is a mobile one, and thus, weaker than most of the "real" gpus

it's not that pcsx2 supports 2 threads. It's more that it needs 2 threads. and in the case of GOW games, it needs about 3.0ghz (dual core)
Do you think it's powerful enough to run Katamari Demacy?
dunno
give it a try
I have a separate question. Since I've already made this thread, I'll just post it here:

I tried to run Digimon World 1 for the original PlayStation, but it did not work. On some of the older versions of PCSX2 that I tried first, it at least booted up normally, but then went to a black screen instead of the game. Now it just tells me that there was an error loading the file. It's a .bin, if that makes a difference.
It's a ps2 emu, not PS1.
that's why.
Oh... I thought it would emulate the PS2's backward compatibility. I guess I have to get the PCSX then?