Please help I have tried everything! PErsona 3 FES
Brand new and fast are 2 different things. PCSX2 needs a high midrange to high end cpu to run most games at full speed.

Sponsored links

uh that processor is fast.

its a Core2Duo ! It is like 4 months old
its 4.4 ghz
(07-23-2009, 06:21 AM)nilanya Wrote: uh that processor is fast.

its a Core2Duo ! It is like 4 months old
its 4.4 ghz

You have a 2.2Ghz dual-core processor made for laptops. It is not 4.4Ghz, nor is it really suited for gaming.
Have you searched the forums? Persona 3 is a rather popular game, there are many threads about it and how to get it running. Finding someone that's run it on a laptop with a processor at or below 2.2Ghz would be a very good thing, it would be proof that it can be done.

If you want help, post your PCSX2 configuration. What versions of everything you have, speehacks selected, etc etc.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(07-23-2009, 06:05 AM)nilanya Wrote: that processor is WELL ENOUGH to emulate PS2.

can you tell us what do you base this statement on ?

Seriously, it entirely depends on the game.

Your CPU isn't a very fast one. Sometimes, some games under pcsx2 will be slow even with a 3.5Ghz dual core.

Search the forum about Shin megami Tensei. I think there are lots of threads on how to configure it properly.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
uh my processor is one of the fastest out there

what are you smoking
(07-23-2009, 08:23 AM)nilanya Wrote: uh my processor is one of the fastest out there

what are you smoking

You obviously have no idea about what you're talking about.
First,a dual core CPU clocked at 2,2 Ghz is NOT 2x2,2=4,4ghz. No,it's just 2,2.
Second,telling people they are 'on crack' because they tell you your PC is not fast enough for PS2 emulation without having no idea what it takes to emulate the PS2 is moronic to say the least.
Since you didn't bother reading the FAQ,here are some links for you (which I bet you will ignore/skip but anyway):

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2330.html
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2331.html
[Image: newsig.jpg]
A Core2Duo 2.2 ghz is 2 processors running at 2.2ghz.

Thus 4.4 ghz worth of data processing power.

MY computer runs Crysis at medium settings at 35FPS...

So I highly doubt a PS2 game would be any strain at all.
Can you hear the train?

Listen up. You can't compete emulation with a normal pc game. No, your cpu is lowend for ps2 emulation. A dualcore at 3,x - 4,x ghz (2x3,x / 2x4,x) would be good. Stop assuming things you obviously have no clue about. People here know what they're talking about.

Read Bositman's links, get more knowledge about computers and especially emulation. It'll may help to cure your ignorance. Btw. Playing crysis at medium settings is lulz. I play crysis at ultra, 1920x1080 at almost 30fps everywhere. Still, my cpu is too slow for ps2 emulation in some games.

RTFM. And well, if you'll keep being ignorance, you should know where the 'door' is. No one keeps you from leaving and beliving what ever you want to belive.
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
Quote:A Core2Duo 2.2 ghz is 2 processors running at 2.2ghz.

Thus 4.4 ghz worth of data processing power.

once again, this is wrong.
It means 2 simultaneous processes may be run at 2.2ghz each. I you have a Pentium 4.4ghz single core, one process may be run at 4.4ghz.

Even if pcsx2 takes advantage of 2 cores, they have to be powerful EACH.

(07-23-2009, 10:50 AM)nilanya Wrote: MY computer runs Crysis at medium settings at 35FPS...
So I highly doubt a PS2 game would be any strain at all.

First, comparing any pc game to PS2 emulation is a complete nonsense.

Second, remember that we're speaking here about emulation. Means a PS2 game (which is not made to be run on a pc) can consume a LOT of CPU & GPU power to translate PS2 instructions to pc instructions in real time.

Next time, try to make some search about the word "emulation" and "dual core" using google or wikipedia before stating things like this.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
ok if you want to play it that way mr know it all smart arse with uber machine....

Sorry your PC isnt fast enough, you need a 6Ghz or higher machine.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]