Please help I have tried everything! PErsona 3 FES
How do I properly configure this game to run at full speed? So far It runs but it is laggy, the sound is laggy/slow, and the textures on the models of the characters is splotchy and missing certain parts.

Please help me I am new to all this.

Sponsored links

pc specs ? pcsx2 config ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
actually that would be helpful...
however I suspect that you must be running the game with DirectX 9 and without the VU clip hack fix, that one is under the "game fixes" option in the emu, find it and activate it, it will fix the models, also I suggest you to use the game in a native mode (in the GSdx options, tick it on), about the missing textures on the walls and stuff, not on the models, that one must be already fixed with the solution above, is because of the use of DirectX 9 hardware mode. sadly, the plugin author has forsaken us users of DX9 (just kidding xD). however the gsdx9 development has lowered a bit so if you want it fixed you will have to play it or in DirectX 10 mode (only in vista and with a card that supports it fully) or in software mode, at the cost of speed
oh!, and download the latest betas, it is always helpful
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
(07-23-2009, 01:04 AM)marche1990 Wrote: actually that would be helpful...
however I suspect that you must be running the game with DirectX 9 and without the VU clip hack fix, that one is under the "game fixes" option in the emu, find it and activate it, it will fix the models, also I suggest you to use the game in a native mode (in the GSdx options, tick it on), about the missing textures on the walls and stuff, not on the models, that one must be already fixed with the solution above, is because of the use of DirectX 9 hardware mode. sadly, the plugin author has forsaken us users of DX9 (just kidding xD). however the gsdx9 development has lowered a bit so if you want it fixed you will have to play it or in DirectX 10 mode (only in vista and with a card that supports it fully) or in software mode, at the cost of speed
oh!, and download the latest betas, it is always helpful

Its a GeForce 9600
Vista
Duel Core Intel 2.2ghz
3gigs of ram

Is this game suppose to run at full speed?! Cuz Right now it is so noticiably slow./
I turned on the only thing in hakcs that said VU

I tried DX10 and DX9 both had horrible lag/slow down in cutscenes and even dialog, especially music.

Also there are still artifacts poping in and out.

There are so many options, I dont even know where to start to fine tune this =/

Wish it had an auto configure.
VU cycle stealing might make problem with audio and fmv, i have mine at 3Ghz most of the time is full speed or more but it can get below full speed, try using EE x1.5, IOP x2, waitcycle, check all boxes of flush and Denormals, EE and VU chop/Zero and normal, VU clip Hack, disable vsync ( if enabled), check native ( later you can try with higher internal res if you want to but its better to test to see where can you use without losing fps), use dx10, if you are running from drive make a iso and use Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0 , use latest Gsdx and pcsx2m use SPU2-X 1.2 or latest ZeroSPU2 ( better use this one since the need less power from cpu).
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5
Your cpu is too slow. Set to native resolution and play with speedhacks.
uh my CPU is brand farking new

Its a P7500 Core2Duo 2.2ghz, a 4.4ghz machine
(07-23-2009, 05:18 AM)nilanya Wrote: uh my CPU is brand farking new

That's not how it works. A dual-core machine doesn't mean you can double up the clock to 4.4 GHz. I do believe it's a T7500, since I can't find anything about a P7500 on Intel's site.

Sometimes brand-new hardware just isn't good enough.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(07-23-2009, 05:47 AM)echosierra Wrote:
(07-23-2009, 05:18 AM)nilanya Wrote: uh my CPU is brand farking new

That's not how it works. A dual-core machine doesn't mean you can double up the clock to 4.4 GHz. I do believe it's a T7500, since I can't find anything about a P7500 on Intel's site.

Sometimes brand-new hardware just isn't good enough.

uh dude i think you are on crack

that processor is WELL ENOUGH to emulate PS2.

ur on crack