Please help with lag / graphic issue
Hello everyone,

This is the first time using pcsx2. I am trying to play ratchet and clank up your arsenal but am having some issues with graphics and lag. I managed to get sound and xbox controller working, as well as the game.

My issue is that I've tried Direct3D11 (software / hardware) as well as Direct3D9 hardware and software and run into the same issue either which I choose.

When using the hardware mode on either, the game speed is excellent, however, graphics are extrememly glitchy and change colors and get pixellated when moving.Software mode seems to fix this issue with the graphics, however, now the game is extremely laggy.

I've also tried changing the resolution down to 512 x 512 as suggested by someone online. This also didn't help too much.

I've even downloaded direct x 10 to try that but that only makes graphics worse.

If anyone can offer some suggestions, I'd be very appreciative. Here is my build info.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 32721 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz Quad Core
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 07)
CPU speed = 3.599 ghz (8 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 1fbee3bf
x86EFlags = 2c100000

Graphics card - Nvidia GeForce Gtx 660Ti

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but here are the plugins currently in use:
[Image: 9TpRuMr.png]

Thank you for the help!

Sponsored links

in the gsdx config set 3 extra rendering threads. also make sure to use the ee cycle rate and mtvu speed hakcs.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(08-24-2014, 05:01 PM)BarryBanks Wrote: Hello everyone,

This is the first time using pcsx2. I am trying to play ratchet and clank up your arsenal but am having some issues with graphics and lag. I managed to get sound and xbox controller working, as well as the game.

My issue is that I've tried Direct3D11 (software / hardware) as well as Direct3D9 hardware and software and run into the same issue either which I choose.

When using the hardware mode on either, the game speed is excellent, however, graphics are extrememly glitchy and change colors and get pixellated when moving.Software mode seems to fix this issue with the graphics, however, now the game is extremely laggy.

I've also tried changing the resolution down to 512 x 512 as suggested by someone online. This also didn't help too much.

I've even downloaded direct x 10 to try that but that only makes graphics worse.

If anyone can offer some suggestions, I'd be very appreciative. Here is my build info.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 32721 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz Quad Core
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 07)
CPU speed = 3.599 ghz (8 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 1fbee3bf
x86EFlags = 2c100000

Graphics card - Nvidia GeForce Gtx 660Ti

Thank you for the help!

On GSdx increase the "Software Rendering Threads" from 1 to 3 and try again; if MTVU is enabled disable it.
Hope it helps Smile

EDIT: Also play around with the speed hacks
EDIT2: Beaten to it...
(08-24-2014, 05:05 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: in the gsdx config set 3 extra rendering threads. also make sure to use the ee cycle rate and mtvu speed hakcs.

I figured it out, nevermind my dumb questions. The MTVU speed hacks and 3 extra rendering threads did it! Thank you so much!

Can you please tell me where to change ee cycle rate? Everything is working great but would like to see what the difference is with this on/ off as well

Thank you!
(08-24-2014, 05:13 PM)BarryBanks Wrote: I figured it out, nevermind my dumb questions. The MTVU speed hacks and 3 extra rendering threads did it! Thank you so much!

Can you please tell me where to change ee cycle rate? Everything is working great but would like to see what the difference is with this on/ off as well

Thank you!

On the speedhacks section where you enabled MTVU Smile
the ee cyclerate hack is the first slider in the speedhacks tab.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]