Please help with low FPS in Suikoden 3
I apologize if I am posting this under the wrong discussion. I have attempted to search the forums here for answers to my questions however I have yet to find any definitive solutions to the problems I am experiencing despite a plethora of threads dedicated to this issue. Suikoden 3 runs at an extremely low fps, on average ~25fps. I have tinkered and toyed with the pcsx2 settings, searched for plugins and pulled out much hair, all to no avail. Please if these issues have been solved and I just wasn't looking hard enough point me in the right direction.

My system specs are as follows

Intel P4 3ghz
3.25g ram
Windows 7 32bit
geforce 9600gt

Again any help is welcome and thanks in advance.

I also understand that looking at my system specs you may think "Pentium 4 wtf? Gtfo!" but I assure you my pc, while on the old side, is impressively functional. I have yet to run into a newer game it can't run. Recently I've played Just Cause 2, Rage, MW3 on it all smoothly (maybe not with the gfx settings pumped but still)

Sponsored links

^
^
^
well you can't compare PC games to an pcsx2
pcsx2 is compare to runned X3~ of the PC game e.g. run 3 or more MW3 program in a single PC.
or a flooded players in various MMOs e.g. MapleStory's marketplace/GM event or Cabal Online's flooded players found in trading area/Market area
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Suikoden 3 of the series that is on Playstation 2 was the most difficult for me to get perfect framerates and the entire time running the game I never did in certain areas. Specifically, Middle of Duck Clan Village, in Vinay Del Zexay, and other very highly populated multi-sprite areas with that said when i did finally get those areas to run near perfect it took cranking my I7 2600k to 4.4 ghz with MTVU which you can't run anyway I believe (don't qoute me on that). In any event, Aside from getting a new pc all together I don't think there is any way you will be able to play Suikoden 3 near perfection but I will say that the other 2 + tactics didn't have have issues on my computer unlike 3.
[Image: emja0x-6.png]
have you try set VU cycle stealing at lv-2?
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(03-15-2012, 01:32 AM)GypsyLlama Wrote: I also understand that looking at my system specs you may think "Pentium 4 wtf? Gtfo!" but I assure you my pc, while on the old side, is impressively functional. ...

More like, "Read the stickies, buddy.". ;P

Or maybe...

"Will work without compatibility problems, but will run slowly"

... as it says about your processor here...

Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?

(03-15-2012, 01:32 AM)GypsyLlama Wrote: ... I have yet to run into a newer game it can't run. Recently I've played Just Cause 2, Rage, MW3 on it all smoothly (maybe not with the gfx settings pumped but still)

This is simple to understand, friend.

You have a nice GPU,
and that's what native-PC games rely on more.

We could also note that those games were made for the system you run them on.

Emulation requires much more processing than native-PC games,
most obviously because the code must be translated,
as well as processed by the processor.

And, believe me, it does go on from there... Wink
I do indeed apologize. I understand it can be extremely tiresome answering the same question over and over again, but I thank you all none the less for the input. I did read that particular section of the sticky that was quoted but I thought surely with my gpu there had to be some way to speed things up. I'm a little less ignorant and hopeful now that I'll be able to work it out, having gained a better understanding of the intricacies involved in ps2 emulation. Through much tweaking I was able to push it up another 10fps to around 35fps but it's still an undesirable situation. In the end it just gives me yet another reason to build a new stack.

Thanks for the help, thanks for the emulator.