Please insert a PlayStation 2 Disc
(12-04-2012, 11:14 PM)Ocelot Wrote: Okay so we know that Gran Turismo 4 doesn't work Laugh

How about The Getaway? This is pretty much the only one that I want to make work. But since it was crashing I guess it doesn't work either. Or maybe I will try ripping it again, maybe the method was just slightly wrong (I hope so!!) Smile

There is another method too, it was different but worked sometimes, wait a min of two while I look, will edit this post.

Code:
hdiutil makehybrid -o Game_Name_Here.iso -udf -iso -joliet /Volumes/your_DVD_Drive

I think this will make the .iso be created in Macintosh HD folder
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"

Sponsored links

Hey, just seen this.

Thank you, I'll try it out now Smile Just wondering, why would it change something if it's created there?

Edit // Hmm I wasn't lucky I guess. It said:

Quote:hdiutil makehybrid failed - operation not permitted

I researched this problem and someone came up with a solution, which was to put the "sudo" in front of "hdiutil" (apparently it executes the command as root).

Either way, I tried this method but unfortunately I got the same result.

But perhaps I did something wrong. I'm not sure for example what you mean with "your_DVD_Drive" — my DVD drive doesn't have a name? Do you mean the name of the hard drive? That would be Macintosh HD I guess (I kept the default name). It didn't work at all first because there was a space, so I changed the name of that hard drive into something without space and then basically I got where I explained I was before (with the operation not permitted problem — by the way, this took some time until that message appeared and I checked my ISO all the time, but its size stayed a 0 kb all the time).

I wasn't sure then if "your_DVD_drive" might be my username, I tried entering that but it said there is no /Volumes/username — which is true (I had to figure that out by finding out how to access this place, which is Go to Folder > /Volumes). Also, it didn't create that 0 kb ISO in the Macintosh HD folder but in the /username folder.

I'm confused Wink Maybe you could explain what you mean by Macintosh HD folder and your_DVD_Drive Smile Thanks for the help again.

Cheers.
Macintosh HD is the "root", or lowest level of your hard drive. It should be listed as Macintosh HD in the sidebar of Finder. your_DVD_Drive is the address of your dvd drive. In Unix based systems (namely, OSX and Linux) everything is a file. Your dvd drive is listed as a file under /dev/something, and the actual dvd is /Volumes/something. Let's say that I have a copy of Persona 3 FES that I want to rip. To find where the DVD is, I would run
Code:
sudo mount
which gives me
Code:
/dev/disk0s2 on / (hfs, local, journaled)
devfs on /dev (devfs, local, nobrowse)
map -hosts on /net (autofs, nosuid, automounted, nobrowse)
map auto_home on /home (autofs, automounted, nobrowse)
/dev/disk0s4 on /Volumes/BOOTCAMP (ntfs, local, read-only, noowners)
/dev/disk1 on /Volumes/Untitled (cd9660, local, nodev, nosuid, read-only, noowners)

Now I know that the disk, which shows up as "Untitled", is mounted at /Volumes/Untitled, and the disk drive is located at /dev/disk1. So, for me, I would run
Code:
sudo su
cd /Users/salthetiller/Desktop/
hdiutil makehybrid -o ./Persona_3_FES.iso -udf -iso -joliet /Volumes/Untitled
exit
which should make a nice ISO at my desktop. If you don't add the ./, it should make a file at Macintosh HD. I could also run
Code:
sudo su
umount /dev/disk1
dd if=/dev/disk1 of=/Users/salthetiller/Desktop/Persona_3_FES.iso
exit
Which should give the same result, but you appeared to get errors with it. dd also has some error-correction capabilities if you have a scratched disk. Be sure to wait until every command is done before starting the next, by the way.

ETA exit command. You shouldn't leave a root terminal open until you know your way around.
Thanks!

I did what you said and I get an error now that I need to insert a PS2 disc. I've tried with a different game this time.

It's really annoying, I just wish it would work Sad
(01-04-2013, 05:08 AM)Ocelot Wrote: Thanks!

I did what you said and I get an error now that I need to insert a PS2 disc. I've tried with a different game this time.

It's really annoying, I just wish it would work Sad

My guess? Either you are trying to run from the CD/DVD-drive, OR you have the wrong format on your disk image
Haha no I'm definitely not trying to run from the CD/DVD-drive Tongue I would know that. Although it would be much easier of course. I also have PCSX for running PSone games and it just works fine, and I can run from the CDs. Maybe an update sometime soon?

What do you mean with the wrong format on my disk image? I mean, how can it be the wrong format? But yeah the problem is definitely something with the image.
(01-06-2013, 02:54 PM)Ocelot Wrote: Haha no I'm definitely not trying to run from the CD/DVD-drive Tongue I would know that. Although it would be much easier of course. I also have PCSX for running PSone games and it just works fine, and I can run from the CDs. Maybe an update sometime soon?

What do you mean with the wrong format on my disk image? I mean, how can it be the wrong format? But yeah the problem is definitely something with the image.

Well, the PS2 disks are written in a rather uncommon format(exclusive to PS2 games) and therefore you have to rip them in a byte-by-byte manner. But usually a bad image results in a seg-fault... Try re-ripping anyways
Can you copy/paste your terminal output (from sudo through the rip) in code tags in a reply? It's possible you've got a typo somewhere, or maybe there's an error you didn't catch.
Sure, I used your method above and typed in this here first:

Code:
sudo su
cd /Users/Ocelot/Desktop/
hdiutil makehybrid -o ./TheGetaway.iso -udf -iso -joliet /Volumes/Untitled
exit

Sorry I forgot to copy the exact text from termnial, but basically it was the same as in the brackets above except that it said "Creating hybrid image…"
Then it said that it's complete / finished or something.

When I tried to run it, I got the "Insert PS2 Disc error again" and here's what came up in terminal:

Code:
    F1 - save state
    (Shift +) F2 - cycle states
    F3 - load state
PCSX2 beta (r2578822) - compiled on Jun 30 2012
Savestate version: 8b410001
EE pc offset: 0x2a8, IOP pc offset: 0x208
x86Init:
Features:
Loading plugins...
    Loading GS...
    Loading PAD1...
    Loading PAD2...
    Loading SPU2...
    Loading CDVD...
    Loading DEV9...
    Loading USB...
    Loading FW...
Plugins loaded successfully.
Resetting...
Ready
Initializing plugins...
ZZogl-PG: Calling GSinit.
ZZogl-PG: GSinit finished.
Plugins initialized successfully.
* CDVD Disk Open: CD, 1 tracks (1 to 1):
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (2191617 sectors)
Bios Version 1.60
Bios Warning > rom1 not found.
Bios Warning > rom2 not found.
Bios Warning > erom not found.
Framelimiter rate updated (UpdateVSyncRate): 59.94 fps
Opening Plugins...
Notice: GS Plugin does not implement GSsetFrameLimit.
MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...
ZZogl-PG: Calling GSopen.
ZZogl-PG: Creating ZZOgl window.
ZZogl-PG:  Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZZogl-PG:  glX-Version 1.4
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-iP6RJy/org.macosforge.xquartz:0".
ZZogl-PG:  Depth 24
ZZogl-PG:  You have Direct Rendering!
ZZogl-PG:  Using multitexturing.
ZZogl-PG:  Maximum texture size is 16384 for Tex_2d and 16384 for Tex_NV.
ZeroSPU2: Initialized portaudio...
ZZogl-PG: Disabling MRT depth writing.
ZZogl-PG: You've manually enabled these hacks:
ZZogl-PG: 'No logz' hack enabled.
ZeroSPU2: Created sound stream successfully...
ZeroSPU2: Started sound stream successfully...
Plugins opened successfully.
GetElfName: SYSTEM.CNF not found; invalid cd image or no disc present.
Issuing EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset [mem/structure cleanup]
vtlb/mmap: Block Tracking reset...
iR3000A Resetting recompiler memory and structures
Running the PS2 BIOS...
Opening Plugins...
Plugins opened successfully.
ZZogl-PG: Disabling MRT depth writing.
ZZogl-PG: You've manually enabled these hacks:
ZZogl-PG: 'No logz' hack enabled.
# Initialize memory (rev:3.63, ctm:393Mhz, cpuclk:295Mhz detected)
ZZogl-PG:  Shader file version is outdated! Only log-Z is possible.
# Total accessable memory size: 32 MB (B:2:8:0) (363:2:7c30)
# TLB spad=0 kernel=1:12 default=13:30 extended=31:38
# Initialize Start.
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Initialize User Memory ...
ZZogl-PG: Initialization successful.
# Initialize Scratch Pad ...
# Initialize Done.

EE DECI2 Manager version 0.06 Feb  7 2002 16:41:20
  CPUID=2e20, BoardID=0, ROMGEN=2002-0207, 32M

# Restart Without Memory Clear.
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Restart Without Memory Clear Done.
# Restart Without Memory Clear.
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Restart Without Memory Clear Done.

Also I noticed this here in the above:

Code:

Might this be the problem? Or related to it?
Sorry for bumping this thread, was just wondering if anyone knows more about this issue?

Also, does anyone have this game that I'm trying to rip, 'The Getaway', and also PCSX2 on Mac? Maybe someone else could test it on his Mac, possibly it's just this game that isn't compatible.