Please insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 format disc - OR - How do I rip right
I got into pcsx2 in attempt to play Odin Sphere without the slowdown people complain about on the PS2. After going through the configuration guide, I got it running at 150-250fps on the menu screens when frame limiting is off, and configured my controller just fine with lilypad.

Then I put in a game disc to test it out -- Arcana Hearts, since I had that one lying around. It seems to display okay with the ZeroGS graphics plugin, but wow was it sluggish in the cinematics. Looking at the console, it was pretty clear the bottleneck was due to my dvd drive which only reads at 4x speed.

So, I thought, why not rip it and mount it virtually? I tried doISO, and then ImgBurn, but pcsx2 gives me the red "Please inseart a Playstation or Playstation 2 format disc" screen every time. It doesn't matter if I use the P.E.Op.S CDVD 1.3.0 plugin with daemontools or the Linuzappz Iso CDVD 0.7.0 plugin with the iso directly. Is there some trick to ripping a playstation iso properly? Can you point me to the software I need?

Sponsored links

(12-30-2008, 03:38 AM)kalu Wrote: I tried doISO, and then ImgBurn

you mean you tried to make an iso using different software ?
Imgburn should be ok.
Try file-Run CD/DVD instead of run->execute, using linuzappz as CD/DVD plugin.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-30-2008, 08:26 AM)jesalvein Wrote:
(12-30-2008, 03:38 AM)kalu Wrote: I tried doISO, and then ImgBurn

you mean you tried to make an iso using different software ?
Imgburn should be ok.
Try file-Run CD/DVD instead of run->execute, using linuzappz as CD/DVD plugin.

Yes, I ripped the iso with both programs and tried both -- neither worked.

No luck with File->Run CD/DVD. I still get that screen.

Do I need to do something special to the iso to make it bootable?

I would give you the terminal output, but there's a lot of it and I don't know how to copy it out of this window. It clearly says "This is not a PS2 game!" at one point, which is odd because it says Playstation2 on the disc, and it plays fine (albeit with very slow loading) directly off the disc.
SQL error, seash these forums are under heavy load....

anyways, Dont mount the image onto a virtual drive, instead use linuzappz as your plugin, click ok to close the config screen. Then go Config>cdvdrom, then select the iso you wish to use, this allows linuzappz to read the iso directly, then you can use file > run cd/dvd
Piracy and Being a vegetarian that eats Quorn are alike.

Your in denial, and want the real thing, not matter what you think.

CPU:E8500 MB:Asus P5Q-E RAM: 3Gigs of Corsair domination 5-5-5-15 GfxCard:ATI Radion HD 4870 OC'd @775Mhz GPU, 1000Mhz GDDR5 Ram
(12-30-2008, 10:06 PM)azure6610 Wrote: SQL error, seash these forums are under heavy load....

anyways, Dont mount the image onto a virtual drive, instead use linuzappz as your plugin, click ok to close the config screen. Then go Config>cdvdrom, then select the iso you wish to use, this allows linuzappz to read the iso directly, then you can use file > run cd/dvd

That's what I did. It still gives the same result. I think something is wrong with the iso.
I don't know but maybe the PS2 Disc has a copy-protection and probably your ISO programs didn't read the Subchannel so the discprotection is missing in the ISO and therefore PCSX2 can't verify it Sad. Just a guess...