Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Please recommend me a cheap, power saving PC / Laptop
that can run PCSX2 and newest PC games perfectly

Thanx = )
[Image: 53146021.jpg]

Sponsored links

none.

even with the best desktop, you won't be able to run all PS2 games under pcsx2 perfectly.
So, with a laptop... I'll let you imagine.
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
and power saving !!!!!
just buy a power saving screen and use a power saving power supply
and of course you know power saving = performance lost and laptops have to be super strong to be able to run pcsx2 well,so keep dreaming or pay your electricity bill and buy a normal one
so in short: hell no
I'll again recommend http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6834115987

$700 isn't bad for a laptop with these components and will play every game currently out on PC (albeit newer ones at medium settings) and can play a large portion of the PS2 library at full speed with speed hacks (definitely not high end games like MGS3 or SotC, but most RPGs, 2d games, and many others).

When not playing 3d games, it uses the built in intel chipset to save power... I get about 3 1/2 hours when browsing the web on battery, less than an hour playing any 3d games (PCSX2 especially).
[Image: 2748844.png]
(04-04-2011, 08:21 PM)Koji Wrote: I'll again recommend http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6834115987

$700 isn't bad for a laptop with these components and will play every game currently out on PC (albeit newer ones at medium settings) and can play a large portion of the PS2 library at full speed with speed hacks (definitely not high end games like MGS3 or SotC, but most RPGs, 2d games, and many others).

When not playing 3d games, it uses the built in intel chipset to save power... I get about 3 1/2 hours when browsing the web on battery, less than an hour playing any 3d games (PCSX2 especially).
wow this laptop is cheap it more like a pc

the answer if NO.
power saving mode is sucks for pcsx2
it effects emulation performance.
pcsx2 is a 100% power hungry(megathrust)
remember that.

try set "High performance" in the power options to see the difference VS. "Balanced" and "Power Saver"
Main Hub:i5-4670(3.4Ghz Factory Clocked),ATi Radeon HD7770(GDDR5+128-bit+1GB),Win 10 SL(x64),ASUS H8M-E,8GB DDR3 RAM
I want to assume the OP wasn't trying to make a total troll post, but was instead looking into an actual cheap-ish laptop that would be power saving when not playing PCSX2. That's one of the reasons I really like that laptop Wink Bought one a few weeks ago and it does everything I need and plays all the games I want to play perfectly.

Funnily enough, the laptop actually gets LESS hot playing PCSX2 than it does other games like Left 4 Dead 2 since the games I play generally only stress one core really badly.
[Image: 2748844.png]