Plugin AVX...
(04-22-2013, 02:40 PM)LOPAO Wrote: Yes, i am using windows 7 x64, and i think he use the same windows.

You need to have Windows 7 service pack 1 installed for AVX support.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

ok something i would like to ask i was Using this AVX plugin by mistake on and i5 2500k @ 4.8GHZ and a AMD 7970 and it made my game run awful, my CPU never upped the frequency from x16 to x48, i only noticed cause of this thread i have now switched back to SSE41 and it is running great again, so what is this AVX and why does it ruin my FPS xD
(04-21-2013, 02:46 PM)kilsuton Wrote: i have i7 2600k...why i can't select the avx version of gsdx?

(04-21-2013, 04:07 PM)Livy Wrote: Simply because your operating system does not support it.

(04-22-2013, 09:18 AM)Topken Wrote: You guys using windows 7? If so you may need to install the service pack same with vista it needs the service packs to handle AVX.

(04-22-2013, 02:40 PM)LOPAO Wrote: Yes, i am using windows 7 x64, and i think he use the same windows.

What we have to install?

You do not say?
If you do not know, why did you answear him.

You need to install an operating system that supports AVX, just like installing a DirectX 10 supported OS to use DirectX 10. FYI, there're so many who complain about no DirectX 10 on Windows XP (big joke).

Topken already told you to install the service pack for Windows 7. And you still don't know what to install? Are there 2 service packs for Windows 7?! According to my out of date information, there is only 1.
(04-22-2013, 03:13 PM)Livy Wrote: Topken already told you to install the service pack for Windows 7. And you still don't know what to install? Are there 2 service packs for Windows 7?! According to my out of date information, there is only 1.

You would be right ;p

It's recommended you do all windows updates available for your computer, if you are that out of date, you are vulnerable to some quite nasty viruses.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-22-2013, 03:07 PM)neoryudo Wrote: ok something i would like to ask i was Using this AVX plugin by mistake on and i5 2500k @ 4.8GHZ and a AMD 7970 and it made my game run awful, my CPU never upped the frequency from x16 to x48, i only noticed cause of this thread i have now switched back to SSE41 and it is running great again, so what is this AVX and why does it ruin my FPS xD

It shouldn't. AVX is an "extra" set of instructions the CPU is able to understand, very like SSE4.2 is an extended set above the previous ones the CPU is able.

But AVX alone says nothing, it makes any difference "only" if it is used by the application, which runs under a OS which must be aware and support it also. So every part of the whole must perform their roles.

From reports, the AVX plugin changed things only for software mode ATM, so for all that matters it is still a SSE4.1 in all other aspects and only "when" SSE4.1 instructions are used, where it is using SSE2 instructions it is the same as SSE2...

So, at the CPU side, having the newer set is only meaningful if it is used. At plugin side (if nothing else changed) it is using AVX only when it is using AVX, if you understand what I mean, despite the fact that just by being flagged for AVX prevents it being used on CPUs which don't understand the microcode, even if the plugin is flagged as AVX but does not use it actually.

What may have happened is the plugin itself could have introduced something which exposes a weakness on your overclock (or could be plain bugged also, not saying it is, just than the possibility exist).
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-22-2013, 03:19 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: It shouldn't. AVX is an "extra" set of instructions the CPU is able to understand, very like SSE4.2 is an extended set above the previous ones the CPU is able.

But AVX alone says nothing, it makes any difference "only" if it is used by the application, which runs under a OS which must be aware and support it also. So every part of the whole must perform their roles.

From reports, the AVX plugin changed things only for software mode ATM, so for all that matters it is still a SSE4.1 in all other aspects and only "when" SSE4.1 instructions are used, where it is using SSE2 instructions it is the same as SSE2...

So, at the CPU side, having the newer set is only meaningful if it is used. At plugin side (if nothing else changed) it is using AVX only when it is using AVX, if you understand what I mean, despite the fact that just by being flagged for AVX prevents it being used on CPUs which don't understand the microcode, even if the plugin is flagged as AVX but does not use it actually.

What may have happened is the plugin itself could have introduced something which exposes a weakness on your overclock (or could be plain bugged also, not saying it is, just than the possibility exist).

hmm ok well no worries i mean if i didn't find out i was using it i would have just gone to my motherboard and set it to always run at x48 Tongue