Plugin for AMD CPU
isn't there any plugin that support for AMD CPU (specialy for 3DNOW) because AMD doesn't have SSS3 and SSE4.1
PhenomII X4 940, Gigabyte GA-78GM S2H, Gecube 3870OC Edition, Corsair Twin2X2048-6400C4DHX

GSDx 890 with SSE2, SPU2-X 1.1.0 , Lilypad 0.9.9 , Linuz ISO 0.8.0 . other plugin null

Sponsored links

Courtesy translation before someone makes a silly response:

What shinny asks for is if there is a GS plugin which has support for AMD instruction sets -- 3DNOW in specific. He is not asking for an SSE 4.1 plugin for his AMD processor. Responses describing SSE4.1 as a function of Intel CPUs will be deleted. Wink

The short answer is, of course: No. There are none. Sorry.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
just use the SSE2 version of GSDX, the performance improvement from the higher instruction sets is pretty minute anyway Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

sorry for asking if there's none. but if there any, please tell me. so the AMD CPU can unleashed it's true power. thanks.
PhenomII X4 940, Gigabyte GA-78GM S2H, Gecube 3870OC Edition, Corsair Twin2X2048-6400C4DHX

GSDx 890 with SSE2, SPU2-X 1.1.0 , Lilypad 0.9.9 , Linuz ISO 0.8.0 . other plugin null
(05-01-2009, 06:56 AM)shinnyuuya Wrote: sorry for asking if there's none. but if there any, please tell me. so the AMD CPU can unleashed it's true power. thanks.

the dx10 version of gsdx sse2 works better than the dx9. So try it with dx10 in vista or windows7.
I got a big performance boost with the dx10 version. I also have amd cpu.
(05-01-2009, 06:56 AM)shinnyuuya Wrote: sorry for asking if there's none. but if there any, please tell me. so the AMD CPU can unleashed it's true power. thanks.

SSE2 is it then.

3DNOW and related instructions apparently aren't very useful for the emulator, since damn near every CPU has them and the developers would jump on them like hotcakes if they could be used.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi

3dnow is an old and obsolete instruction set.
it was amd's answer to intel's mmx, which is also pretty old.

AMD processors have no 'true power', they're currently inferior to intel cpu's in terms of instruction sets and performance (intel has the useful SSE4.1/4.2 instruction sets, while AMD just has a few instructions in SSE4a)

regardless, using different instruction sets only helps if you can optimize stuff that gets called very-often. most of the time you don't even notice the speed gain.
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
One thing you have to remember is that with most of these new instruction sets, the instruction added are more obscure and thus not so generally useful. SSE2 is a big deal since it basically replaces x87, the old general purpose floating point instruction set. Prior to SSE2, all the addons were just addons, you still had to do some FP math with the x87 instructions. SSE2, however, is complete and you can do all your FP math with it, and much faster. In fact at this point, x87 is considered deprecated in 64-bit and is there for legacy purposes.

So SSE2 is a big deal, and makes pretty much anything that supports it faster. The newer ones, not so much. For example one of the SSE4.1 instructions is basically tossed in there for HDTV decoding. That's great and something useful to desktop users as HD video becomes more common, but I'm not seeing it making any difference for an emulator.

Thus if your CPU supports SSE2, and it's hard to find one that doesn't, I wouldn't worry too much.

Also AMD does have SSE3 support in some of their CPUs. According to AMD the 64 X2 should have support for SSE3 and SSSE3 as well.
AMD don't have SSSE3.... to the poster above.
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
if I remember correctly, i'm trying with SSSE4.1 and SSSE3/SSE3 but there not much different. because i'm getting over 60fps in loading (or playing with very less sprite) and less thav 47fps when playing normaly. for this, i'm test with DDR Nova and Sonic Riders Zero Gravity.