Plugins not showing in list
Hi! I'm running Ubuntu 13.10 with the latest proprietary (319) drivers from nVidia. When I open PCSX2 the setup wizard opens. I click next to select my plugins and nothing shows in the GS dropdown (even though I've verified the .so files are in the folder it's searching in) and the other plugins only have the null option, again even though there are lots of the .so files in the plugins folder.

I've been google-fu'ing it for a couple weeks now and seemingly tried everything I could find but nothing helps.

I'm sure I'm just making a newbie mistake, but could any of you help a guy out?

Thanks!

Sponsored links

If you are using 64 bit Ubuntu, then you are probably missing a bunch of 32 bit dependencies required for pcsx2. Use the PPA instead.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gregory-hainaut/pcsx2.official.ppa

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install pcsx2-unstable:i386
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(03-15-2014, 02:45 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: If you are using 64 bit Ubuntu, then you are probably missing a bunch of 32 bit dependencies required for pcsx2. Use the PPA instead.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gregory-hainaut/pcsx2.official.ppa

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install pcsx2-unstable:i386

So far as I know I've installed the 32bit stuff. I tried the unstable:i386 PPA and same problem (I've been using the PPA)
What hardware and gpu drivers are you using?
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(03-16-2014, 05:49 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: What hardware and gpu drivers are you using?

I'm using a Geforce GT760 with the latest proprietary drivers from nVidia (3.11 I believe?)
If you saw the .so in the plugin directory. Just use this kind of command to check the missing library
Code:
ldd plugins/*.so | grep found
Or you can see the output plugins by plugins for example
Code:
ldd plugins/libGSdx.so
Ok, I feel like an idiot. I solved this and you know what my problem was? I'm running 64 bit and THOUGHT I had created a symbolic link to the correct location for the libblahblah file so it looks for the 32 bit one first.

I'm sorry to have wasted your time, but for what it's worth, in case anyone searching has this same problem (wrong elf class, which is more obvious in othe programs) I used this exact solution (post #2) http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2004739