Pnach
im rather confused on how this works ive found the cheat folder ive downloaded a few of em but im just confused on what needs to be done the game im playing is dark cloud 2 or dark chronicle none of the cheats have worked and am confused at this point

Sponsored links

did you enable cheats under the System tab?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(06-08-2014, 05:31 AM)perithion Wrote: im rather confused on how this works ive found the cheat folder ive downloaded a few of em but im just confused on what needs to be done the game im playing is dark cloud 2 or dark chronicle none of the cheats have worked and am confused at this point

If the former instruction does not work, please be more informative. Till now the only thing we know is it is not working, so we can't tell why too.

Among the useful information you should tell what is the pnach file name you are using (it must have the same string as the hexadecimal value for the game's CRC which you can find at PCSX2 console).

Look at the console and tell us what is the message, if it is something like no cheats file found, that means the directory is wrong. If it says 0 cheats loaded, the file is found but there are errors in it.

The final case is the cheats are found but seem not to work, that means pnach is writing wrong memory addresses and this could cause problems in sstates.

Make sure not all cheats are commented ( // makes the whole line commented).

Make sure the game's version is the same as the downloaded cheat and it is correctly converted to raw and formatted to pnach.
Imagination is where we are truly real
This guide may help you.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-A-simplis...or-dummies
I know it isnt on topic but I am glad my guide has helped so many with pnach'ing Smile
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit