Pokopom - KrossX's Pad Plugin
Messages... =O

I'll check if that's the last one that worked properly, but I think it is. I moved the thing to github and started a rewrite after buying a ps3 controller but I never touched the code again. =P

A bit delayed but...
@Lukin: You can use Durazno and remap the controller as you wish.
@atsumori: Same. Durazno lets you remap or disable buttons, including the Guide one.

#EDIT:

Attached latest uploaded build and updated links. I think it's only minor changes, but nullDC support was removed.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]

Sponsored links

Hi I am using Pokopom plugin for the controller on pcsx2 1.2.1 and its working for almost all the games flawlessly, and I actually prefer it over the other plug ins.

But one frustrating problem that I have been facing is with the game Resident Evil 4, where the gamepad (I use an xbox 360 wired controller for windows 7), is vibrating all the time. I am not really a fan of having a controller vibrate all the time, and wanted to turn this irritating feature off. Changing it inside the game doesn't have any effect, and I was therefore trying to see if vibration feature could be entirely disabled via the Pokopom plugin configuration itself.

I have not been able to do this, and wanted to check if its possible.

Apologies if this has been asked before - I don't want to swap out the plugin and use something else and solve it, if possible.
Known bug that I am clueless about, but you can disable vibration by setting rumble to zero (slider).
By the way the links to Shark over on NGemu just take me to the forum index without opening any threads. Might need to change them.

Heres the new link to shark enhanced

http://ngemu.com/threads/epsxe-shark-enh...eq.154634/
As an attachment, again all available Pokopom plugins.

- padPokopom-2.0.0-MonsterHunter.dll
- padPokopom-2.0.0-r124.dll
- padPokopom-2.1.0-20131030.dll
- padPokopom-2.1.0-20140606.dll

The "...20140606.dll" wasn't posted here and should be the latest available. It's from EmuCR as a compiled Git Build.

Attached Files
.zip   Pokopom_Pad_Plugin_Collection-20140606.zip (Size: 189,09 KB / Downloads: 724)
My Specs @ PCSX2 1.3.1-20150827 (Git):
Mainboard: Asus Crosshair IV Formula | CPU+Cooler: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE @ 3,72 Ghz (Auto-OCed by ROG) + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B (+ 2x Enermax Everest)
LED Monitor: Overlord Tempest X270OC | GFX: Palit Geforce GTX 670 JetStream | Ram: @ CL9 DDR3-1333: GSkill Flare 2x2GB + 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance
@Topken: Updated links.

@messiahgov: There's nothing new on that build though, just some internal file renaming and license change.
Is it possible to implement a dedicated setting for X360's Controller Triggers like the Deadzone but for the reported range ? I am using Pokopom since r127 in both PS1 and PS2 emulators and it's very simple and reliable. Always been very happy with this plugin since I've found it on the Internet. Just today I've realized that I could use the Triggers in my X360 Controller as actual "pressure sensitive" L2/R2 in PCSX2 when I've decided to give GranTurismo 4 another spin. The problem though was that GT4 treats analog inputs from L2/R2 as from pressure sensitive buttons. It just takes the lower input as full range and treats the upper range as a "safe threshold zone". I would imagine that it makes sense while pressing a button on a PS2 Controller which this game was conceived to be used with. While pressing a button, there's the tactile feel when the button is depressed and with the slightest pressure applied, you can keep it depressed just enough for it to make an electrical contact and that would be the button's pressed state with the lowest value. Also, being just a button, there's a very small range of physical motion until the rubbery contact dome becomes flat and registers a full value of the pressed button. I assume that a full range isn't used as input and instead only about a quarter from the lower range for two reasons while assuming input from a button. One would be just for ergonomic reasons like fatigue while keeping the button hard pressed for long periods of time. Also I guess that the lower pressure range from your thumb has most of the precision. Second reason would be simply Controller's wear and tear. PS2/PS3 Controllers are notorious for becoming less and less responsive over time. You would need to press a button very hard to even register a pressed state. So all in all, using just the lower part from the full range with input from a button on a DS2/DS3 Controller feels ok and it's easily usable. Hardly a noticeable issue whatsoever. But doing the same with the input from a Trigger on the 360 Controller seems to be a completely different experience due to the game's design and intended input device option. So I thought that an option to limit the reported range of the Triggers (L2/R2 Buttons) would help a lot in this case. Maybe in other racing games also. Just a slider or .ini entry like for the Deadzones. While messing around in GT4 I've noticed that the Brakes had a higher range of about 20% of the Trigger movement and the Throttle had a lower range of about 10~15%. First thing I did was to download the Controller test .ELF and make sure there wasn't a problem with my Triggers or with the reported values to PCSX2. I was relieved to find out that the Triggers (L2/R2) were correctly functioning and reporting 0-255 values in a linear manner. Then I realized that it was a "limitation" of the game and thought about searching through it's menus (in order to "fix"/workaround the issue) for some "advanced" sensitivity settings which weren't there to be found. So the "last resort" would be for an option to limit the L2/R2 reported ranges from the Triggers (independently from one another), so when you fully press a Trigger you could report the L2 or R2 buttons pressed but only a quarter. For ex. LT (25% range) when pressed 100% to report as L2 25% (0-64 range) while RT (15% range) to report R2 15% (0-39 range). That way you could benefit from full throttle/brakes motion range of the Triggers in GT4 and maybe other racing games that would let you set L2/R2 as throttle and brake. A linearity slider like the Analog Sticks have would also be a very nice addition Laugh

Thx for reading all the above gibberish Wink And thx for the great plugin in the first place!
So, if I have a 360 controller I can just use this without needing to configure anything? Sweet!
Hello,

Pokopom r130 - Ubuntu Precise - 32+64.zip on first page of thread doesn't works on last PCSX2 Linux. It's normal ?

Fps / 3 (20 fps instead of 60 usually) and input not respond with my 360 controller, no interface also. OnePad works perfectly.
@80T: I think I made something similar with Durazno, but in reverse: deadzone + reduced physical range. So for GT4, you would like the triggers to behave like this (pressed, result) ? 0% - 0% | 50% - 12.5% | 100% - 25%. Make that a 100% pressed trigger equals some VALUE that's lower than real.

@Baku: Yup, that was the idea and that's how it is... most of the time.

@AzazelDC: Linux builds are there mostly for testing than normal usage. When it works "yay!" but when it doesn't, there's no need to keep trying. I've heard performance problems, but I couldn't reproduce. Other than that, I dunno how the linux environment behaves when mixing code compiled in different versions. Maybe just bulding r130 anew would fix some of the problems with up-to-date linux installations.