Pokopom - KrossX's Pad Plugin
(10-08-2015, 08:40 AM)KrossX Wrote: @80T: I think I made something similar with Durazno, but in reverse: deadzone + reduced physical range. So for GT4, you would like the triggers to behave like this (pressed, result) ? 0% - 0% | 50% - 12.5% | 100% - 25%. Make that a 100% pressed trigger equals some VALUE that's lower than real.

Yes. Pretty much. Here's an image that could better describe the desired effect:

[Image: triggers_range.jpg]

Or this could be a probably better alternative:

[Image: triggers_range_alt.jpg]

The Full range from the Triggers (minus the Dead-Zone & the upper "B range") will be translated into the active range of the PCSX2 (GT4) and the upper "B range" from the Triggers would be translated to the rest of the PCSX2 range (the "safe threshold range") Thus, there won't be any potential calibration issues with PCSX2 or the games that auto calibrate the input ranges based on the min/max read input values during game start, boot, or even during gameplay (actively re-calibrating).

Sponsored links

Hi KrossX, I know it's been a while!

I'd like to report a new issue.

So EPSXE recently updated to 2.0 and it now allows external input plugins (i.e. Pokopom).

http://www.epsxe.com/

Everything works fine, but if I press Escape in the middle of a game, then Run > Continue, the analog sticks suddenly don't work anymore.

Thanks if you can fix this!
That's an epsxe bug. They are working on it. But if they take too long, it could probably be fixed on either end. If you've noticed, rumble doesn't work if you start the controller after the emu has started. It'll work when you turn the controller off and back on again. That's been reported as well to the epsxe team. I have an epsxe beta that fixes the Run > Continue but the rumble thing still remains.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
I haven't checked it out, just to make sure it ain't a also a Pokopom bug (double open, close). If ePSXe uses savestates when doing ESC/Resume, a few things might happen if PAD data isn't included in the savestate. Any state change like (digital/analog mode/lock) would be gone and also some special rumble settings certain games do. If that's the case, using the analog toggle should let the sticks work again.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Hey KrossX thank for your pluign!
Epsxe finaly supports InputPlugin could you check the multitap issue?
I have tried crash team racing with every possible configuration but no chance.
Pokopom would be perfect if mutlitap works
Same thing happens with LilyPad with ePSXe 2.0, so i don't think it's pokopom (though both happen to be PCSX2 plugins)
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Hi; new user here. I'm not a user of pcsx2 myself, but I do use the Pokopom plugin in both pcsx-reloaded and Project 64.

I'm liking this plugin quite a lot. In fact; to my knowledge this plugin is the only one which you can modify the sensitivity settings of the analogue sticks on the Xbox controller that is available for N64 emulation.

This plugin comes in handy when it comes to games with multitap-support on pcsx-reloaded, as I often have visitors who like to enjoy some Crash Bash at my house.

There is one compatibility issue with this plugin that has crossed my mind though, and that is when it comes to multitap games on ePSXe. Although pcsx-reloaded runs most games just fine, games like Crash Bash have issues like missing text while Crash Team Racing suffers from major slowdowns in that emulator. That's when ePSXe comes in handy. Although the very newest version of ePSXe (tested both 2.0.0 and 2.0.2-1) is supposed to be more compatible with the xinput API, I'm having a hard time with getting multitap support working either using the official plugin that comes with ePSXe or using the newest Pokopom plugin.

As this thread is about the Pokopom plugin, my question is if the multitap support of ePSXe is broken while using this plugin because of limitations of ePSXe, or if the multitap support can be fixed by modifying some code of the Pokopom plugin?

I have tried using the very same configuration in both ePSXe and pcsx-reloaded, but what works in pcsx-reloaded doesn't in ePSXe when using more than two controllers. While having multitap-support activated in ePSXe with this plugin, not even the controller of player 1 is responding to the game.

I also tried ePSXe 1.8.0 Shark enhanced, but I still could not get multitap working on ePSXe with the Pokopom plugin.

Edit: did not see that a user basically asked the same question two posts above me, sorry about that.
Does someone can run a multitap on latest ePSXe ? It doesn't work on my side, controllers not working.

Thanks!
Did it work with this plugin for older ePSXe versions?
Odd bug... maybe? I'm using Pokopom 2.1.0 with PSXE 1.4.0, and attempting to use the Steam Controller. I can get it work fabulously with no twiddling required, and the Overlay comes right up as soon as a game loads. All inputs are perfect and responsive.

Problem is: Scroll Lock is going absolutely crazy. When in the Steam Overlay menu (Shift-Tab) it's like my scroll lock key is flying on turbo. I can see the icon on my keyboard, and if I turn onscreen lock key messages on they just stay there, endlessly cycling.

Is there an easy way for me to turn that off when using a Steam Controller?