Poor performance with amd fx8350 + ATI 6950
that would explain a framedrop of 7~10 at most, not 30 fps drop, well, it seems that the problem is Ridge Racer 5, as i was searching and encountered people with the same issue, I'm still getting random framedrops in other 3d games, even with mtvu enabled
im running the game at native resolution, windowed

Sponsored links

(09-24-2013, 01:47 PM)mariusrhpsd Wrote: that would explain a framedrop of 7~10 at most, not 30 fps drop, well, it seems that the problem is Ridge Racer 5, as i was searching and encountered people with the same issue, I'm still getting random framedrops in other 3d games, even with mtvu enabled
im running the game at native resolution, windowed

did you try what I suggested ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I never played RR5, but it's possible it's just one of those poorly-coded games out there that's hard to emulate (like GTA Liberty City Stories.)

If you are getting random framedrops in other games too, it's possible your CPU is throttling. Download CPU-Z and run it and keep the window open while playing the game. Monitor your CPU's frequency. If the frequency is dropping abnormally, your CPU is throttling. This could be due to your MOBO, improper cooling in your case, or a result of something like Cool 'n' Quiet or something, which you could disable in the BIOS.
I'm testing now with god hand, everytime the game has to load something it slows down 5 to 20 frames, and im getting an unstable 55~60 fps
yes, i tried with more rendering cores and it's just the same
I also noticed that my cpu never goes over 40~45% when running godhand, even on slowdowns
(09-25-2013, 11:19 AM)mariusrhpsd Wrote: I'm testing now with god hand, everytime the game has to load something it slows down 5 to 20 frames, and im getting an unstable 55~60 fps
yes, i tried with more rendering cores and it's just the same
I also noticed that my cpu never goes over 40~45% when running godhand, even on slowdowns

extra rendering threads wil work only in software mode, remember that
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Quote:I also noticed that my cpu never goes over 40~45% when running godhand, even on slowdowns

You mean your CPU utilization? You have an octocore, PCSX2 only uses three threads max in Hardware Mode, so it won't use all the cores for no reason. That explains that.

Did you do what I said to see if your CPU is throttling?
Try setting the affinities to every other core to force Windows to use different modules for the cores.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Try to use GSdx SSE2 or SSE3 instead avx on GS plugins, I have the same processor, works perfect with GSdxSSE4.1
(09-25-2013, 03:06 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: Try setting the affinities to every other core to force Windows to use different modules for the cores.

This is unnecessary in windows 8 (which is what he's using). Honestly it shouldn't even be an issue in windows 7 either if it's fully updated.

(09-25-2013, 04:28 PM)Zomdark Wrote: Try to use GSdx SSE2 or SSE3 instead avx on GS plugins, I have the same processor, works perfect with GSdxSSE4.1

The difference between AVX and SSE4 is only in the software mode code in the form of optimizations. You also suggest using SSE2 or SSSE3 versus SSE4 which is what you're using on the same processor which makes even less sense.
[Image: 2748844.png]
finally got my head around the issue, someone on reddit direct me to disable cool n quiet in the bios, RR5 still runs like *****, but in other games the fps ain't even going lower than 59, even with 3x resolution and all that fancy stuff.
So... issue resolved?